I ran a 5K!

Options
I ran (ok, jogged) the equivalent of a 5K on the track at the YMCA this morning - and I jogged the whole thing in 38 minutes - slow I know, but I didn't have to walk any of it. My goal was to be able to do this by Memorial Day, so I beat my goal by over 2 weeks! I am so so so so stoked. These NSVs are worth so much more to me than what the scale says.

Replies

• rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is a wonderful accomplishment :) Next you should try to improve your mileage or time. Good luck.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Isn't it a great feeling! Your body is capable of delivering so much if you just treat it right and follow a sensible progressive training program. Congratulations!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    awesome! my first full jogging 5k was over 2 weeks ago

good job! dont worry about your time, you will get faster
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • Jen16226
    Jen16226 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Either tonight or tomorrow I am hitting the track to try that exact same thing....you gave me some hope that I can do it too!
  • Collinsclan22
    Options
    Thanks everybody! It feels so good. About halfway through I kind of doubted that I could do it - thinking "I'm going to slow, what's the point?" Then I thought "But I'm going much faster than someone sitting on their couch right now!" I love moments llike that.
  • tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That's great, don't worry about the time though. That'll increase. The important thing is that you busted your *kitten* and ran for such a long time.
  • lizo11
    lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Either tonight or tomorrow I am hitting the track to try that exact same thing....you gave me some hope that I can do it too!

You definitely can!! Good luck!!

Good job CollinsClan!! That's awesome!!
  • waxingwaning
    Options
  • geminigrl622
    geminigrl622 Posts: 144
    Options
    Way to go!! 38 minutes is perfectly fine. Just shows you enjoyed the journey! You rock!!
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Great job! Feels so great, doesn't it?
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! That is awesome! :drinker: