Please help me stay motivated

Options
I find it so hard to stick to eating healthy so would love to know any tips on how to stick to healthy eating and exercising
I can do it for a few weeks then loose focus and end up binge eating!

Replies

• dalessi123
    dalessi123 Posts: 22
    Options
    This is my worry as well...but then I come on this website and see what people are saying and how THEY are getting through their humps and it helps alot. It's wonderful to see "good job!!" pop up on my phone after im done logging in dinner. or "great work!" after I lose even ONE pound. Really..we can do this together :) Keep your eye on the prize. I took pictures of myself when I started this weight loss journey and if I feel like over eating or NOT going for a walk at night, I look at the pictures and realize that I don't want to go back to that!
  • rachieepachiee
    Options
    This is my worry as well...but then I come on this website and see what people are saying and how THEY are getting through their humps and it helps alot. It's wonderful to see "good job!!" pop up on my phone after im done logging in dinner. or "great work!" after I lose even ONE pound. Really..we can do this together :) Keep your eye on the prize. I took pictures of myself when I started this weight loss journey and if I feel like over eating or NOT going for a walk at night, I look at the pictures and realize that I don't want to go back to that!

That sounds good :) I have only started this like 2 weeks ago and don't have friends on it yet didn't know you could add people haha! So I will give that a try! Thanks :D
  • lkarinal
    lkarinal Posts: 107
    Options
    See it as part of your life, I got discourage myself but then I found my soul mate workout - Turbo Fire-, commited myself to do the program to the T and then without realizing it I was starting to make healthy decisions and have a better control of my food portions. Whatever workout you do, just remember the feeling after a good workout, how it empowers you in a way that you feel you can tackle your problems and the rest will come. Set yourself as a non-negotiable goal, remember you are doing this for yourself and you deserve to feel good and be healthy~
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You're at the right place! Whenever I have a tough time with self control, I check in and see what others have been doing. It really does help. And for those times when I do have a bad day, my friends remind me that we all have those days occasionally, but to start back on the program and keep going. I find it most helpful to simply not have the tempting foods in my house. That way, when the craving hits, my choices are only healthy - fruit, veggies, nuts, etc. As soon as I decide on the snack, I log it in my food diary so I see how many of my daily calories I'm using. That really helps me limit oversnacking because I know I'll want to eat dinner. On a day like today where I have to attend a luncheon for work, I know I'll have more lunch calories than usual. It's also "Pizza Friday" at home, so I plan to increase my after-work exercise so I can have a few extra calories. My goal is to not exceed my calorie limit today - even if I don't necessarily eat the healthiest foods. Give yourself small goals you can accomplish each day. That way, you're always succeeding!