Is it possible to get defined legs at home???

I'm a stay at home mom with 2 young children and currently do not have access to a gym. I have been consistently working out at home for about 5 wks (Pushing double jogger on an incline, Jillian Michaels killer buns & thighs, Brazillian butt lift, etc....)

My problem area is my butt, which I have noticed great improvement. Now I want to see definition in my legs all round! Is this possible at home!??? I have 5 & 10lb weights as well as ankle weights, but I'm not sure this is enough to start seeing more muscle definition.

I'm eating about 1850 calories a day @ protein40% carbs40% fat 20% this is at 15% deficit only because I have a little more fat to lose on my upper thighs/butt.

I hope this makes sense.

Any ideas or suggestions on what I should be doing would be appreciated! :)

Replies

• waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Learn to do pistol squats.
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    The definition I can see in my legs (still covered by a little more fat than I'd like) is mostly from running and squats/lunges that are in my Jillian Michaels dvds.
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Walking knee raise lunges. Walking lunges with your knee as high as possible from one side of the room to the other end is one set do 3.
  • Paigealicious77
    Paigealicious77 Posts: 22 Member
    I only work out at home and go to a Zumba class once or twice a week. I feel your pain! My legs and butt are my trouble areas. I am finishing up Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer. It's awesome! Some of her workouts are based around a gym, but I just modified it. I borrowed an old weight bench from a friend and it has really helped my legs!! Walking lunges, squats, and dead lifts are the best!!
  • jjl2004
    jjl2004 Posts: 13
    I tend to train legs twice a week, once at the gym and once at home. When i'm at the gym i'll train HEAVY, but when i'm at home i'll do squats with no weight and little rest periods, i usually find that the burn and deffenition of my legs really comes out when i train my legs with no weight.
    Here's my spilt.

Stretch - 5 minutes
    Prison squats (hands on head) 20reps 5 sets 40 seconds rest between each set
    Brush pole squats (put a brush pole or something behind your head and squat down to the ground slowly and explode up) 20reps 3 sets 1 minute rest
    Lunges 12 reps (per leg) 4 sets 40 second rest.
    Stretch 5 minutes

Seems to work well for me :)
  • Tlove1111
    Tlove1111 Posts: 69 Member
    Thanks for the responses! I think I'm probably just being a little impatient, wanting to see results quicker! :)