popping feeling in lower back

Options
I moved a TV set out of my living room this morning and when I went to set it down in its new location, something "let go" in my lower back- it was a popping sensation followed by some of the most intense pain I've ever experienced (outside of childbirth, that is:laugh: ) I'm still trying to catch my breath it hurt so bad. Anyone ever had something like that happen?

Replies

• dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Not to scare you, but I have.

Turned out to be a ruptured disc that I downed ibuprofen for and ignored until I bent over at work, managed to pop another one and dislocate my hip at the same time.

I hope that's NOT what it is though. Maybe you should at least see a chiro?

eta: Good to see you! I haven't seen you posting in a while :) (or either, I'm just looking in different sections lol)
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Was it centered, or to one side or other?
  • KattG
    KattG Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi hun. I work in a doctors office....I suggest you see yours soon. You could have done some real damage. Best to have it looked at, before/if it gets worse. Take care. Hope you're better soon. :flowerforyou:

PS
    I understand back pain. I have fuzed discs, degenerative disk disease and slight scoliosis to top it all off. So I feel your pain.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Went to the doctor...it's a muscle strain...he said it was OK to exercise but nothing more than walking speed, and no jumping/plyometric stuff for 6 weeks.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Very glad you went to the doc's! And glad that it's just muscular!!!
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hi hun. I work in a doctors office....I suggest you see yours soon. You could have done some real damage. Best to have it looked at, before/if it gets worse. Take care. Hope you're better soon. :flowerforyou:

PS
    I understand back pain. I have fuzed discs, degenerative disk disease and slight scoliosis to top it all off. So I feel your pain.

I have scoliosis as well. So bad in fact they had to insert metal rods on either side of my spine. And they are all fused.
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Glad it's just muscle strain! I hope you'll be feeling 100% soon :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Went to the doctor...it's a muscle strain...he said it was OK to exercise but nothing more than walking speed, and no jumping/plyometric stuff for 6 weeks.

00020367.gif

Thank God!!