New on here and Nursing

Options
itali614
itali614 Posts: 53 Member
Hi, I just started on here. I have some questions about nursing. Where do I go to find answers???

Replies

• Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    What are your questions? I am no expert, but I had a baby I nursed for over a year, I might have an idea that might help. Welcome!
  • itali614
    itali614 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well, I have 1870 in points without adding nursing. When I add nursing my points go up and even though I have eaten quite a bit now I have 1930 something to eat. Its the middle of the day and the same thing happened yesterday. It told me if I have left over calories that I am going to gain weight. I don't wan't to neglect the points but I am also aware that when you nurse you only need 1800 to 2200 calories per day. Without adding nursing each day I am already in that range.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    When I was nursing my son I didn't count calories. I ate a blanced and healthy diet. I did low impact workouts. Everyone is different ~ I would talk to your dr in regards to your diet while nursing.
  • flobee76
    flobee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    When I was nursing my son I didn't count calories. I ate a blanced and healthy diet. I did low impact workouts. Everyone is different ~ I would talk to your dr in regards to your diet while nursing.

This.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I'm not so new, but I am a Nurse. What can I help you with? :flowerforyou:
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I am a dork like Ted and also work in nursing. lol
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    my baby is older now, so not nursing exclusively. I wanted 2 lbs per week weight loss, so I just kept watching my weight loss and adjusting my calories up until I got to where I was consistent with 2 lbs. per week. I've also heard to eat maintenance cals for the weight you want to be and use that and your nursing to create the deficit. You should also make sure you eat back any exercise cals. So, with this second method you don't need to log your nursing in, but do log your exercise and eat back the cals.
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I make sure to eat at least 1800 calories a day. I workout like I normally would doing Zumba, Turbo Jam and C25K. WE have a group on here called STILL Fit and Fabulous...After BABY! Let me know if you want an invite:)