Sandwiches

Options
2»

Replies

• lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    Grilled cheese with pickles. Must be cut into triangles.
    there's really only one way to eat a grilled cheese!! lol and now I'm hungry
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I just made a new sandwich today and it is AMAZING!

http://www.tastespotting.com/features/green-goddess-grilled-cheese-sandwich-recipe

I based it off of the above link and just whipped up a quick pesto with some basil, parsley and baby spinach with the usual pine nuts, garlic, parmesan and olive oil. I didn't have any mozzarella cheese slices so I used 1/2 oz of pizza cheese with 1 oz of goat cheese, 1/6 of an avocado and some more baby spinach leaves. With the bread I used (110 cal per slice) it came out to be around 410 calories. Very delicious!
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I love SAMMICHES...
    sammicho.jpg
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    I like the kind of sandwiches they eat on How I Met Your Mother.
    :smokin: :smokin:

I like fluffernutters and Italian sandwiches.
  • ellecase
    ellecase Posts: 1
    Options
    I know just how you feel. I love all kinds of sandwiches, especially grilled cheese. But I've actually just gained back 2.5 pounds! Darn it!. Good luck with your weight loss, and thanks for making me laugh out loud today.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    This just made my day!!!

My guy and I are sandwich FIENDS. We keep talking about opening up a sandwich shop, too. We just decided we'll be celebrating this holiday in it's full glory.

Favourite sandwiches at the moment:

-honey-maple turkey breast with jalapeno havarti cheese, organic field greens or alfalfa sprouts, thick slice of tomato on whole wheat seedy baguette with over-ripe avocado as the spread. Pressed.

-piri piri chicken breast on whole wheat ciabatta with apple-smoked cheddar cheese, honey mustard, garlic mayonnaise and organic field greens with herbs. Toasted.

Classics:

-brick onion & parsley cheese with garlic butter on french loaf. Grilled.

-leftover spicy turkey chili with light marble cheese on whole wheat, sealed together in a sandwich press.

- grilled chicken, feta cheese, romaine, green olives, pineapple chunks in a whole wheat pita.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ451CmOXkRa_QPAcSYZVKe5GquXz1US7EmqwzjraJCKx4ZNChBzgGd-Bsp_A
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    I'm thinking ham and turkey with provolone and sharp cheddar on toasted sourdough bread, with some lettuce, tomato, pickles, sat and pepper and applewood smoked bacon. :love:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    shredded steak with mozzarella cheese, steak sauce, purple onions, mushrooms
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly.

^^^^This.

And also oven roasted turkey on wheat and grilled cheese (but only when also having tomato soup),
  • southernpurplevegan
    southernpurplevegan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    my fav sandwich is made on slow dough sourdough bread with a homemade balasmtic vinegar creamy dressing w/ tomato , avocado , spring mix and grilled portobello mushrooms marinade in a olive oil garlic sauce
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Vegemite sandwiches!

JM
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    A good authentic cuban. Ham, cuban pork, swiss and pickles. mmmmmmm
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    In my fantasy world, its Tuna Salad, all day and Oyster Po'Boys all night, but................................

my typical sandwich is the delicious Smoked Turkey, with lettuce tomato and mustard.
  • jl622
    jl622 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    BLT with avocado on wheat...
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...grilled chicken, provolone, applewood smoked bacon, tomato, avocado, and garlic mayo on sourdough.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I love american cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and roasted peppers on a hard roll with italian dressing. (I am a veg). But it's not real healthy.

So lately I make,

Whole wheat roll with avocado, lettuce, tomato, red onion & roasted peppers with just balsamic or a panini- whole wheat ciabatta roll with 1 oz of fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil and pesto. So damn good.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches are glorious. Nowadays, I get spinach wraps and such - but my all time favorite is:

Sliced beef, bacon, and cheddar cheese - all toasted - topped with lettuce, onion, pickle, mayo and jalapeno peppers