Okay this isn't so much a success as a proud moment

Options
I haven't worn shorts in years, other than around the house. If I leave the house, I'm in slacks or jeans. I think I was probably 23 the last time I wore shorts. (I'm 28 now.)

After highschool, I wasn't very active. I went from vollyball player and marching band to eating and watching tv!

Since I've gotten back on track, I've worked my way up to walking 1.2 miles 5 days a week, and taking an hour long water aerobics class 2 days a week. I have lost 21 pounds. I'm elated about that, but what's really surprising to me is that yesterday, when I unpacked my gym bag for my walk, I realized that my hubs had thrown in my work out shorts (for home time use only) instead of my walking pants!

I wasn't going to give up on my walk, so I threw them on, and walked my mile with my shorts on. With people around. And after a few minutes, I forgot about my reallllly white legs and flabby thighs and started enjoying my walk. But that's still not the best part.

After the walk and stretching, hubs decided he was starving and wanted to grab a bite to eat at our fave resturant around here, Applebee's ($2.99 half chicken breast - fiesta lime style, yum!) I walked into that resturant in my workout clothes. I didn't want to change because I was burning up (not nasty sweaty, just hot). So I walked into Applebee's and stayed there for about an hour with shorts and a tank top on. With tons of people around! Shorts that did do NOT reach my knees...

When I walked out, hubs had to tell me how good my legs looked lol I love that man! Anyway... Its shocking to me that I let myself do that. A month ago, I wouldn't have even considered it.

edited for typo

Replies

• rachelmommy1
    Options
    OMG! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
    That is such a big deal to me, too! That's precisely why I DON'T go to the gym! What a hurdle to overcome! Great job!!!!!!!!!
    And by the way........that chicken breast...lime style.......you made me hungry......thanks alot! LOL:laugh:
  • gunswife
    Options
    Congrats! It's such a wonderful feeling....and I am sure it's a great motivator!!!
  • lynnv
    Options
    Congratulations to you! Those moments and achievements always bring a big smile!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know exactly what you mean. Last summer I was in fairly good shape and wore shorts all the time. THIS SUMMER----UGH! I wore shorts a couple of times and was always so self conscious I couldn't enjoy what I was doing. But this IS a big deal for me too, I can't wait to get there!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    That is a great moment! Thank you for sharing that success!!!! And it's all because of your hard work! Gratz!
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I fell a million times better today because of that. I'm in such a good mood!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!