Got to keep going, but i just dont want to

Options
So i dont know if its just because ive had a bad day, but i have absolutly no motivation what so ever right now to do any exercise today.
Im doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels but seriously need help in getting myself motivated to keep going.
Please help!!!

Replies

• Revenga1980
    Revenga1980 Posts: 63
    Options
    I've had a couple bad days this week and what I do to keep motivated is to just use the frustration from the day and channel it into my work out. I am also doing the 30 day shred. Don't let a bad day ruin your motivation, if you do that then whatever caused the bad day wins.... instead turn your day around and make it a good day from this moment forward. Keep working on a better you picture that image in your mind , what could be more motivating:)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    My personal belief is that if you REALLY don't want to do it, then don't. When focus isn't there, form gets sloppy and that's usually when an injury occurs. There is NOTHING wrong if you take a day off to recoup.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do instead? If you skip today, how will it impact your training?
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself to a day off and don't feel bad about it x
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    on days when i don't feel like working-out (which are few) those are the days that i make sure to go NO MATTER WHAT. even if you're heart isn't in it, DO IT. habits are formed by repetition, so keep going! you can do it!
  • kfoley2
    kfoley2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest simply refocusing your efforts. Are you going to miss the workout to veg out or to get a head start on the weekend cleaning? If you can refocus your attention from the negative to something positive you may still skip your workout, but not make it as costly as if you gave in to the bad day.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Take a day off, just get out there and kill it tomorrow. Because if you don't, 3 days missed turns into 3 weeks missed really quick and after 3 weeks it just seems reasonable not to at all. Then we get into the same state we were in when we started this journey...Just my 2-cents.
  • cazzy147
    cazzy147 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hey, thank you for the motivation, I DID IT!
    Feel so good that i worked through it, thinking about my goal was definatly a great push to motivation!