Wedding Rings Too Loose!

Options
After losing over 50 lbs, my wedding rings are now too loose! It's great because they were previously too tight to wear. But I still have another 75-100 lbs to lose, so I don't want to get them resized (at least not quite yet). I'd hate for them to go back in the jewelry box, but don't want to take the chance of losing them, either! Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Skeen903
    Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You could wear them on a necklace until you hit your goal weight. Congratz btw that is an awesome accomplishment :)
  • jwpamp
    jwpamp Posts: 4
    Options
    I wish I had thought about the necklace idea -- I lost my wedding ring of 30 years after I lost 60 pounds. :-(

So sad -- it was not expensive (I got married at 17 and we could only afford $60 bands), but I was devastated when I lost it -- still am.

Take care of them!!
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Necklace is a good idea:)
    Maybe you could wrap some yarn or ribbon around the band to help the fit.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    buy the clear flexible tubing you use for aquarium bubblers, slit it and fit a piece over the bottom of the band. You can customize and change as needed
  • hof79
    hof79 Posts: 6
    Options
    I was thinking the yarn, too. Flashback to high school days and wearing the guy's class ring LOL. And, when I was a size 3
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    My vote is also for the necklace :smile:
  • isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I once had a ring that was too big and a jeweler gave me a little insert that fit into the ring and made it more snug. Swing by a jeweler sometime and ask if they have anything like that.
  • sweiland1
    sweiland1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    In the jewerly section you can get re-sizers that are plastic. This will hold them on. Or I saw a suggestion on another site where they can put "dots" of solder (sp??) on the inside that make them smaller.
  • jo2907
    jo2907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    mine are the same, my engagement ring was already resized as hubby brought me the wrong size originally so i can no longer wear it untill i get it rebanded. but with my wedding ring i still wear it on my left hand but on my middle finger,x :smile:
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Go to the jewelry section of Walmart or Target, they sell these things you can put inside the ring that'll keep it from falling off.
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The necklace idea is good. I wish I would have thought of that. I lost mine about 3 weeks ago from losing weight about 54 lbs then. It would slide right off. :(
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to buy anything, I wrap scotch tape around the underside of the ring until it fits.You can add more as you lose more. Easy to put on, easy to remove.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Love it! I still wear my ring on my middle finger and it's loose there too! I will get it re-sized someday but it's a nice reminder and when people ask why it's on the wrong finger it gives me the opening to tell my story.

Good job!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Go old school. Put tape around it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Richdogg38
    Richdogg38 Posts: 152
    Options
    Had the same issue, just got it resized and it fits well now. However, I have to get the engraving done again.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing mine (wedding, engagement, and promise ring from way back when) on my middle fingers for months now. They are getting even too big for those fingers so I plan on either wrapping them with string or putting them on a chain and wearing them as a necklace until I meet goal.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get used to the plastic tube around the band so I bought some of this: http://www.amazon.com/Cushion-Solution-5-5-Gram-Tube/dp/B0041OL5SW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1336762005&sr=8-6 and I have used it to keep my bands from sliding around. It works really well and unless you pick at it, it won't come off the band.
  • doinme2011
    doinme2011 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The necklace thing is a great idea! I am going through the same thing now. I ALWAYS want to wear them but was afraid of losing them. Thanks for the wonderful idea!:wink:
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Go to the jewelery store and get a ring guard
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I kind of have the same problem but I have a ring guard and they don't fall off.