Using A Moving Average To Track Your Weight Loss

Options
Sorry for cross-posting this from my blog, but I thought some people might find it useful/interesting :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FatUncleRob/view/using-a-moving-or-rolling-average-to-track-weight-257660

Replies

• LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I commented on your blog, but thought I'd do it here as well.

I really like this idea. Would you mind sharing your spreadsheet so that I can input my own data?
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    There's a bunch of other personal junk mixed in with the spreadsheet, so it probably wouldn't be that useful.

I'll maybe do a template version of it, or a tutorial on setting one up in Excel.

What version of Excel do you have?
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I do this too. Definitely keeps me from worrying about the fluctuations!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Love this idea. May need to figure out how to make my own!
  • tetracat
    tetracat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There is an android app called Libra that I think does something similar. You mark in your weights and it does a graph for you with your weight trend.
  • TXRobinD
    TXRobinD Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have turned my entire calorie/weight/exercise information in to averages. I <3 Excel spreadsheets :)

Instead of tracking everything by days I average everything and it has really helped me see the BIG PICTURE!! It is amazing to really look at all the data on one page and watch how things effects your body.

Also, congrats on the weight loes - keep it up!!
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    There's a bunch of other personal junk mixed in with the spreadsheet, so it probably wouldn't be that useful.

I'll maybe do a template version of it, or a tutorial on setting one up in Excel.

What version of Excel do you have?

At home I use Office 2008 for Mac and at work I use Office 2007. I would really love to be able to do this, whether through a tutorial or a template.

I really appreciate it!!