Replies

• playbyte
    playbyte Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Aim to walk 3 - 5 miles a day and it will soon go
  • kenmunson333
    kenmunson333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise are the two easiest ways to do this. Walking is a good way to start. 3 to 5 miles a day is good but may not be easy for a beginner. It's not absolutely necessary to do it all at once. When I started, I just did a short walk to the corner and back and increased it every day. By the end of the first week I was doing 3 miles a day although I spread that across 3 walks.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Eat less and move more
  • Circle12
    Circle12 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi,

How many lbs you looking to lose and by when?
  • Circle12
    Circle12 Posts: 22
    Options
    Excellent !!! 20lbs.......you go
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I lost 16 pounds and I started this on Feb 27, 2012. So if you really want to lose you will if you stick with it. I feel that is a lot of weight in a short period of time for me and I have had a few cheat days where I went way over my calories but I would always get right back to it the next day. I only walk about 25 minutes 4 days a week and I was still able to lose. I look at this as a change of eating habits for me and not a diet. Hope it works out for you
  • AmberLee2012
    AmberLee2012 Posts: 540
    Options
    I would suggest following MFP and logging EVERYTHING...even the little nibbles and sips. Sometimes we don't realize how much those little bits can add up calorie wise. Start walking or doing your favorite form of exercise as much as possible. I just started the Robert Ullrey couch to 5k program which I downloaded to my MP3 player from the web.

I'm not sure how much you are trying to lose, but slow and steady wins the race! Crash diets and things like that work for the short term, but not for the long term. Doing it the healthy way is best. Good luck to you!
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Walking is a great way to burn calories. As the previous poster said, you might not be able to do 3-5 miles all at once. Do shorter walks at least a couple times a day.

Also, consider getting a pedometer if you don't have one, and set a goal to walk 10,000 steps a day. Wear the pedometer all day long - you'll be surprised how many steps you take just doing your normal routine!
  • jemloujem
    jemloujem Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank I think I need, to do more walking ,im eating a lot less which is a good start .