Left weight watchers to try this, with FITBIT.

Options
:flowerforyou:

Over the last year by using weight watchers and working out, I have gone from 189 to 161.6. I got a little lax in food tracking, but continued the running so was able to maintain. I am excited to get going again on my weight loss, to push myself to see how far I can go. I can do this and you can too!

Let's get a support network going!

Replies

• cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing! I miss the bulletin boards on the WW site, but the food tracking here is soooo much easier. And I love my fitbit too!
  • Ddubs22
    Ddubs22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello - I left weight watchers in Feb since my google searches for nutrition facts kept taking me to MFP. I love my fitbit!!

I'll add you!
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I <3 my fitbit! I think you will really like this site and the great peopl here. Welcome and good luck on your goals :)
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I never tried Weight Watchers, but I do have a Fitbit and I love it.
  • Dumbluck83
    Dumbluck83 Posts: 10
    Options
    I did weight watchers for 3 months, lost 15lbs in the first month and was stuck there. . . I have been on MFP for two weeks and im down another 5pounds. . . Wish i would have found MFP sooner, could have saved some money. . .
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have tried WW in the past and liked it, but wasn't a fan of the monthly fees. I do love MFP and I love it even more with fitbit. I feel lost with Ms. Bit
  • dup32
    dup32 Posts: 68
    Options
    Doing WW and added MFP... Add me and we can support each other...
    Good Luck
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I agree - Weight Watchers does not count EVERY calorie and let's face it, even fruit and veggies have calories. I love fitpal - I have been averaging 1400 calories and losing very slow but steady.
  • Bizeebec150
    Bizeebec150 Posts: 88
    Options
    I have a problem keeping track of food at times, and MFP has made it so much easier for me. Especially with the apps that are available, it is a great way to count calories in and out especially as you get closer to goal weight
  • hollipendleton
    hollipendleton Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I also did WW , but I did not always track either. I love Herbalife shakes they work for me and MFP is a great tool for me to keep on track !!
  • sarahjack1605
    sarahjack1605 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been on WW on and off over the years too but am cancelling my subscription at the end of this month . I LOVE MFP this is such a great site and so much easier to track food....I just started here this past week.. I love the herbalife shakes too and am losing slow and steady which is better for me.......wht is FITBIT?? am I missing something?? :huh:
  • KetchikanLadyDi
    KetchikanLadyDi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thank you!
  • mjlobeau
    mjlobeau Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    yes i'm also curious what fitbit is?
  • KetchikanLadyDi
    Options
    Go to www.fitbit.com
    It is like a body bug, only not as detailed and without a monthly membership fee.
    Essentially it is a pedometer on steroids. It tells you steps taken, mileage gone, number of stair floor taken, calories burned.
    You also wear it at night on your wrist. It tells you how long it took to fall asleep, how many times you woke up, total time in bed and total time asleep. It syncs with your computer and anytime you are within 15 ft of the base it automatically downloads your data. They are $99 and well worth it. Makes me want to to better tomorrow than today.
  • KetchikanLadyDi
    Options
    Fitbit also integrates with MFP, which is nice.
  • Beth_Gorman
    Beth_Gorman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting the Fibit. You just helped me make that decision. Thanks!
  • msmindylee
    msmindylee Posts: 61
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request!

I'm a recovering WW-er (LOL) and recently stumbled on the combination of MFP and Fitbit. Haven't lost much yet but I'm feeling very motivated, especially as I start to gain MFP friends and see how great you're all doing.

Add me if you would like to, anyone!

Oh, and one of these days I'll get a picture up - I'm really not a blue shadow. :-)
  • McClau
    McClau Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Guys

I just finished to register right this minute. I was also with weight watchers for 2 months and lost 7lbs.

I think that the myfitnesspal tool is better suited for me.

Super excited to continue my weight lost journey. 7lbs down and 38 to go!

Cheers!

Claudine
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just went back to Weight Watchers because I have gained 15 pounds since I stopped counting points a year ago. I am following the old plan though, not the new one. I have already lost 4 pounds since returning from vacation and plan to continue. But, I have been logging my food here, too, just to see how many calories I'm eating. I also have a Fitbit and LOVE it.
  • toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    hi i come from ww too. i lost 3 stone 5 years ago on the old plan then ive gained 6 lost 6 etc but in the last 6 months ww just didnt seem to let me go below a certain weight and i ended up getting fustrated as the leader couldnt suggest anythign else.
    anyways, first week i lost 3 lb on mfp. then i upped my calories and set my goal to 1/2 a pound a week (as i wanted to eat more ) this week i lost 1/2 as intended. This is my 3rd week and i have started lifting heavy weights so i have ditched my scales and am focusing on body fat and measurements. in the first 2 weeks i have lost 2 inches from waist and 2 inches from hips. i had my body fat measuerd at the gym on their machine (not sure how accurate but it gives me a reference point ) so in 6-8 weeks i will re measure and see where im at.
    good luck on your journey - feel free to add me. you need to totally forget about points as it still lingers in my brain and i have to focus on calories. ive also found im eating much healthier on here - not neccessarily fruit and veg (as i ate that on ww) but more protein, protein shakes, more tuna, chicken, brown rice etc (carbs were always too high and not worth the points on ww so im enjoying a few carbs!)