If you had $100 to spend...

Options
2»

Replies

• BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    If you don't have an HRM or a food scale, get a Polar FT4 for $60 and a scale for $20 or so.

If you do have a scale, you can get the FT4 and something else, or get the Polar FT7 for around $90-100.

If you have a scale and a good HRM, I'd get a contoured kettle bell. The only brand I know of that is contoured is GoFit, and it comes with a 30-minute Bob Harper workout DVD that has made me sore for three days after doing it the two times I've done it so far. Well worth the money.
  • patranus
    patranus Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Digifit setup.
  • HotDog1969
    HotDog1969 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    As already mentioned, an HRM is a great investment but I would also recommend a fitbit. This has been my best motivational tool to get much more exercise.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    a massage ($40), pedi ($30), and a new sports bra ($20-30)
  • Shajadea
    Shajadea Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your Master's Degree!! Amazing!
    I would buy work out clothes. Honestly, it's something I need now. I like to be comfortable when getting my sweat on!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    a groupon deal for some exercise class i've never taken (they are usually like $40 here), new converse for weight lifting ($45), and i'd spend the rest on new nail polish :smile:
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    with that budget i suggest invest it in weights. a usual low cost dumbbells will work wonders.
  • nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    $100? A FitBit, of course! It's a pedometer on steroids and integrates with MFP!

It's silly expensive which makes it a treat, and it's a gift that WILL motivate you to get off your butt and move!

And...oh yeah -- it's FUN!
  • kielgard
    kielgard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get a nice medicine (Rage) ball and/or kettlebell(s) (depending on the weight you need ... you just need one of each) then do Tabata.
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    New pair of trainers and a scale..
  • busymommyx3
    busymommyx3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A fitbit! That is what I am trying to save an extra $100 for at the moment :)
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Definitely a HRM and a little black dress :)
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    HRM ( i love mine, never thought I'd want one) and a pamper :)
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    An HRM. I would never buy it on my own with my own money but with gift money, sure!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Food scale and an HRM .
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    get a heart rate monitor... or some used exercise equipment :)
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I'd search craigslist for some workout equipment.

At the minimum I would get a foam roller, reistance bands, a set of dumbbells, and a yoga mat.
    Then if you have a bit left over, get yourself a cheap workout outfit, if you feel good about the way you look, you're gonna be happier and more likely to workout IMO.