HELP please

Options
i took up running to lose weight and have lost 3 stone in a year and a half and achieved my first half marathon, however the weight loss has stopped.

Im totally confused and would be grateful if anyone can clarify the following for me:

My BMR is 1717. my daily calorie goal is 1200 cals. . On sedatery days do i eat 1200? and on days which i exercise do i eat 1717 cals max regardless of the fact i may burn more than 517 cals?

Please help, with another 5 stone to go i really would like to get the weightloss shifting again and quickly.

Thanks

Replies

• sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    the numbers don't ALWAYS add up; my suggestion and I know it sounds crazy; eat MORE; especially on workout days; try upping your calories maybe 2 or 300 a day for about 3 weeks; the pounds (or stones) will start dropping again; then you can go back to where you are now (calorie wise)

Good luck by the way do you know how many pounds are in a stone?
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Eat at least as many net calories as your BMR.
  • kerrbear20
    kerrbear20 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    the numbers don't ALWAYS add up; my suggestion and I know it sounds crazy; eat MORE; especially on workout days; try upping your calories maybe 2 or 300 a day for about 3 weeks; the pounds (or stones) will start dropping again; then you can go back to where you are now (calorie wise)

Good luck by the way do you know how many pounds are in a stone?
    Thanks, sorry im from N Ireland still use the old stone and lbs, 14 lb in a stone,
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1717. my daily calorie goal is 1200 cals. . On sedatery days do i eat 1200? and on days which i exercise do i eat 1717 cals max regardless of the fact i may burn more than 517 cals?

the MFP algorithm is based on eating the 1200 (or whatever it calculates) and when you put exercise into the diary the 1200 goes up accordingly. The BMR isn't a limit it's a means to calculate your total energy on a normal no exercise day.