NSV- FIRST ONE!!! No pics. Sorry. :(

Options
I work at home and from September 2011 to February 2012 I had been basically hiding in my home office in sweatpants and tee-shirts. In February I knew I got big, but it didn't really hit me until I received word that I MIGHT need to make a trip back to the office in MAY. UHOH. Nothing I owned fit anymore. This was a problem. I went to the store to maybe find something new that fit. I found a slick dress that was clearanced so low I could not ignore it. The dress was a 14. I really don't know what size I was wearing, but it was probably an 18 or higher. I decided that that dress was going to be the article of clothing I would try to get into by May.

Yesterday I put it on and aaawwwwww yeeeeaaahhhhh! It fit. Like a glove.

As the British might say, I am chuffed to bits. :D
(I love this expression BTW)

Replies

• violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's amazing! And on clearance, too - definitely a double victory here!
  • MantraMommy
    MantraMommy Posts: 22
    Options
    LOVE it! Congrats!
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Isn't it such a wonderful feeling!?! SO happy for you!
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!! And I think I just fell in love with that expression too! More reason to love our friends across the pond!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Motivational clothing is an effective tool. What started me on my weight loss journey was getting a really sweet deal on a motorcycle riding jacket on clearance. However after I got it home (it was ordered online) I discovered that it was a size too small for me. Rather than send it back I decided to hold onto it and use it as motivation. Within two months I fit into it, but I decided not to stop there. I kept going and now even that jacket is like a parachute on me. I think it's kind of funny that it both started and began with a piece of motorcycle gear. What started it was a safety jacket, and what's ending it is a one piece leather race suit I purchased on clearance about a year ago that's my ideal size. Once I can fit into that, I'm golden.
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! I was out of town this weekend so I didn't have time to reply. I actually got to wear the dress to a party, and it was awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!