Eating before bed?

Options
Yesterday, I burned off more calories than I consumed, and I logged everything last night, and my net calories were around -10, so then I ate a bunch of food before bed. What can I do to prevent this in the future and will it affect my weight loss? And what foods should I eat to pack more calories besides meat?

Replies

• PulchritudinousLady
    PulchritudinousLady Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I saw a report on the news that said it was proven -- it doesn't matter WHEN you eat your calories so long as you eat the correct amount before going to bed. Of course, if I go to bed with a full tummy I wake up grumpy because I don't sleep well.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I eat more between 7 and 10 pm than any other time of day and I'm almost at goal weight. You're fine eating in the evenings if you are under your calorie goal and you don't get heartburn from it!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Your body can't tell time. Eat when you want. If you don't want to be hungry before going to bed, have a protein shake. Buy casein protein as that is slow digesting and works great overnight so you don't wake up so hungry.

If you were eating just to eat your exercise calories and not because of hunger then you will want to do research elsewhere to get more information. Many here will say you have to do that. Many reputable site will say the opposite.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever you want. I typically eat 1900 calories between 6:30 pm and 9:30 pm then right to bed. I enjoy going to bed with a full stomach. That being said if you have a medical conditions like acid reflux or blood sugar issues you might not want to do that.

-M