dropping dress/pants sizes per pound

Options
So although I have an ideal number in mind, I'm more interested in measurements.

Ideally Is like to be 138 since that was my pre-pregnancy weight, however I had no tone and was not healthy or happy with my overall appearance.

I am going to keep that goal in mind, but if I look great and feel comfortable at 145 is be happy.

I was just wondering if anyone had figured out how many lbs. It took for them personally to drop a size.

I realize everyone is different, but is love to hear about everyone's success and ideal size.

My current size is 12 or a tight 10. My ideal is a comfortable 4-6.

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I think about 20 pounds took me from 12 to 8 and now I've dropped another 10 and I'm definitely a 6 at some places, borderline others.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I started at 186 (I'm 5'6")

I lost about 15 pounds and dropped from a 14/16 to a 12.

Around 25lbs I dropped to a 10.

I've lost 33lbs so far and I'm a size 8.

I the first drop down was about 15lbs but since then I guess it's about every 10lbs ish that I get into a new pant size.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I honestly have no idea. I think I was a 6 at my heaviest, I was really scared to try on anything and didn't wear jeans because I didn't really want to know how big I had gotten. I haven't been shopping yet either because I don't want to buy anything while I'm still losing weight but I think now I am a 0-2. So in 4 months I dropped 20 pounds and 3 pants sizes.

ALLL depends on where you hold your weight though. I hold mine in my belly so I never even really had a huge pants size when I was bigger. I get to a point where my pants size stays the same but I keep losing weight off my arms back and stomach. Plus I have lost weight slowly so most of it has been straight fat. My number didn't drop much but my body looks absolutely completely different.
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It takes me 20 pounds to drop from a 12 to a 10. Another 15 will get me from 10 to an 8. I'm 5'6" and have a small bone structure.
  • kimmieey
    kimmieey Posts: 87
    Options
    I was a tight 16 at 225 and a comfortable 16 around 215 and at 194 I'm a comfortable 14.

31lbs - 1 pants size (and a lil extra)
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Usually around 10 lbs is a pant size for me
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    I think height is important here, unless i missed it. I am 5'2" and go down (and up) a size for every 5 pounds.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 pounds and went from a size 10/12 to a size 4/6. I'm 5'5".
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It depends where you store your weight. Also, you can cut body fat and not cut weight and still lose a dress size since fat is less dense and takes up more room than muscle. If you concentrate on cutting body fat, you will lose a dress size faster than weight loss. And how do you cut fat... you do very heavy strength training where you fail at 8-12 reps and you have a small deficit (20% below TDEE) and a little cardio if you want.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I lost one size for every 10lbs almost exactly
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    In Jan. 2012 I was 186lbs and size 14 was getting tight. Now I'm 157 and my size ranges from an 8 to a 12 in dress pants, but jeans are a snug 8 or a comfortable 10. workout clothes are a medium (whoohoo!)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    there really is no 1:1 correspondence which is why 2 people of he same height and same weight can wear different sizes. it's all going to come down to how your weight is distributed and your body composition.

for instance there are stories around here of people increasing in weight but dropping clothing sizes once they start lifting weights
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 15 - 20 pounds is about 1 pant size for me.
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I drop about a size for every 10 lbs. I'm 5'7

160- 12
    150- 10
    140- 8

Obviously it depends on the brand.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....I am not too sure.

All I know is that I have lost about 13lbs since I started weighing myself (maybe 15lbs total since I didn't weight myself for the first 3 weeks)...and I have gone from a size 10 (US) to an 8 (US)...
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Around 20 or so. I have been losing inches fairly evenly across my whole body. But it really depends.
  • jodismith23
    Options
    It is going to depend on your height. At 5' 7" it took 21 pounds lost to move one size down.
  • julieh1973
    julieh1973 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20lbs. and I am still wearing the same size clothes- they are just now startting to fit a little loose.
    I am a 5’3” and a pear-shape.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think it totally depends, because I've lost 64 pounds but 5 pants sizes, so that's a little over 12 pounds a size.