I'm stuck

Options
I have been at 30 pounds off for over a month, even though I have been following my food plan religiously. It's so frustrating. Any tricks to get over the hump and to stay motivated during these plateaus? The good thing is, I've lost inches, just haven't lost pounds. Help!

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Inches are progress, so congrats on that!! Sometimes this happens, the scale stalls but the inches still come off.

I would recommend changing something up, as your body can get very used to what you're doing. Try calorie cycling maybe (higher days and lower days), try a workout routine, etc.

Also, People will probably ask you to make your food diary public as it is difficult to make recommendations without knowing how many calories you're currently eating, what your goals are, etc.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    What kind of workout do you do? Maybe it's time to change it? Add a little strength training? Something to consider which would be counter intuitive is a lot of people hit plateau's and to change things up they eat more calories. Not a binge, but just a 200 or so extra calories per day and then the weight started coming off again.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Inches is good.

Have you gone back through the goal settings? Every time you lose some weight, it takes a few calories away.

Also, it's a good time to look at your carb/fat/protein balance. Are you eating near your quota of all of them?

If all of that is true, then your body might have adapted. Time to bump up the exercise, do some different exercises, try some completely new foods, or do something to startle the body into losing weight again.

Again, inches is GOOD! You are making progress.
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have been at a plateau as well for the past few weeks. I got to my first goal weight loss of 20 lbs and congrats to you for losing 30!! I too was wondering if I need to change something up to get over that hump. I am hoping to lose another 10 lbs to get more within my healthy weight. I do agree that your body becomes comfortable with a routine, so any kind of changes that you can make can make your body change as well. Losing the inches is a big accomplishment too, so as long as your inches are coming off too, you are still doing it right. Good luck on getting "over the hump"!!
  • exdisneychick
    Options
    I too have hit a major plateau. I have been at ~20 lbs for almost a month. I do daily exercises. But have a really hard time eating the daily calories so eating exercise calories back is about totally out of the realm of possible! The only way I could do that is to have a huge dessert daily! Not really what I want to do... lol
    I am starting this weekend to change the exercises that I do and see if that helps.
    Good luck to you and I will be interested to see the recommended help for you from others. Maybe they can help us both!
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think having a "spike" day about once a week helps, along with maybe different exercises.