New Juicer

Options
bm99
bm99 Posts: 597 Member
Anyone supplement one or two (or more?) meals a day by juicing?

Are the calories the same with juicing? I've been counting it just in case, but if it's the same anyway, could I put the pulp in the blender and add it to the juice to still get the fiber if I'm counting the whole fruit anyway? Anyone do this?

Anyone have good results with juicing, like more energy/better moods? I am going to juice fast every Wednesday and try to do juice for breakfast instead of my usual cereal bar or oatmeal. Does it matter when you drink it for optimum absorption?

Replies

• psmall
    psmall Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm not particularly knowledgeable, but keeping the pulp seems like a very good idea - unless you're doing a fast where you don't want to digest food. At a resort in Mexico they served watermelon juice with the seeds ground into it. Seemed like a great idea to me.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with digesting food lol

I am still trying to figure out WHY juicing something is better than just chewing it (because... I'm pretty sure my mouth is separating the juicy part from the pulp anyway) but I've heard such great results I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon.

Anyone know the science behind why juicing is better than eating?
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I actually have tons of experience with this. The average juice is only 100 cals, that apple cucumber carrot and kayle. So even though I did try it and did do this for a very LONG time, I dont do it any longer. I replaced meals with it and it was not until I started logging my food did i realize I was starving my body. At first i lost 10 lbs within 2 months. Then it just stopped coming off. and I exercise all of the time.

Now I realize after being on MFP for almost 1 month that my body was holding on the reserve fat because it was in starvation mode. Since MFP I have dropped 2 lbs. I think they would be excellect for supplements but not as meal replacements. :)

Once my life tends to slow down a bit i plan on juicing again but only to supplement and help with vitamins because we would like to have another baby. :)