How to find motivation amid chaos?

My life every day is a struggle, I have a son with special needs, and to say the least I have a ton of stress. Without going into graphic detail I just want to know if anyone else struggles with motivation? I have a bizillion excuses why I "can't" or don't excersize, it is so easy to just pull one from the file and lie to myself and everyone else. Any tips on how to keep off my *kitten* and on my feet?

Replies

• Kelly_Jo
    Kelly_Jo Posts: 1
    I don't know if this will help:

Sometimes when I have a chunk of time perfect for working out, my stomach drops and I want to hide under the covers away from the pressure that I'm subconsciously putting on myself.

I realized I had to play mind games with myself when I started working out again, kind of like meditating while jumping around and sweating. It started with me wearing earplugs and thinking of nothing but an empty plain with maybe a hill and a tree on it, for the entire 45 minute workout. Sounds bizarre but it helped. I did this anytime I couldn't block out noise (external/mental) enough to concentrate on what I was doing.

I hope things get better for you and that working out no longer becomes yet another nagging obligation, but kind of a safe haven where your anxieties melt away briefly.