Goodbye WW- Hello MFP-Goodbye excess weight!

kaytyl2
kaytyl2 Posts: 142 Member
:happy: Hello Everybody, I am new to MFP after being on Weight Watchers for a while. I successfully lost with WW in the past and maintained my weight for a couple years, but it has slowly crept back up and I can't seem to shift it. I have also recently had a baby so have put on even more weight.

I have tried the new WW system but I am just finding it far too time consuming and annoying to calculate points.

I have been using MFP for 4 days now and am loving how easy it is, no more having to work out points just see the calories and sorted!

I am looking for friends to motivate me and likewise I will try and motivate you. I am currently 166lbs hoping to get down to 138lbs.

Please add me and lets be weight loss buddies. We can do this!

Replies

• wolfehound22
    wolfehound22 Posts: 859 Member
    Never tried weight watchers, but I've been on MFP for awhile, and its great. So feel free to add me, I love to help motivate you, if you can help keep me motivated :)
  • jendool
    jendool Posts: 13 Member
    Welcome, I too am a former WW. I loved them but i have been stuck in the same decade for a year since they switched the plan. Came over here and am slowly losing again. Cant wait to bust through this plateau. This database is incredible too, I have yet to not find something I have scanned or looked up. Much better than WW's.

Please add me as a friend and we can get some weight off this summer:)

Jenn
  • kaytyl2
    Hi Jenn

I know what you mean about the database it is amazing and so easy to use with the scanner. So many of the foods I eat were not on WW's which resulted in a lot of guess work.

Anyway hopefully I'll get some good results like you and will try to keep you motivated.

Sophia
  • kaytyl2
    Yes definitely, we can motivate each other!!!!!!!
  • leahsamhal
    leahsamhal Posts: 1
    I just started yesterday and being a former WW member I was shocked this is out here and FREE! I agree it is just as easy if not easier than WW and unless you really like to attend meetings, MFP provides everything that WW online does. In any case, good luck to all of us on our weight loss journeys. I'm losing 65+ lbs for the 2nd time. I would love to support and have the support of everyone! (I don't know how to add someone, so add me!) :smile:
  • kaytyl2
    Hi there Leah, Welcome to MFP. I am also shocked at how good this site is and that it's free. I love the scanner and that I can find everything I eat in the database. Good luck on your journey and lets keep each other motivated!
  • yocellyz
    yocellyz Posts: 13 Member
    HI, Add me. I'm super motivatied, I'm getting married in like 5 months and want to look
    good for my wedding. Plus I have also done WW, but the date base and the easy of logging on here
    has made me change over. But most importantly having the community of people is awesome.
    I still go to meeting as I'm fairly new to this MFP. So let do this....yeah!!!!
    We can do it people!!! so add me
  • kaytyl2
    Hi Yocellyz, getting married is definite motivation, I'm sure you're going to look fantastic in 5 months! Yes the community is great and MFP makes tracking so much easier. Lets all keep each other motivated!
  • CJ33711
    CJ33711 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Hello everyone,

I am a former member of WW, and TBL club, my friends told me about MFP and I can't wait to get started! I am just over 200 lbs and I need to be 160 lbs. summer is approaching fast and I want to look and feel better in my clothes.
    I would love to be friends with all of you! I just need to navigate around this site and figure out how to do everything:)

I am looking forward to being friends!
    CJ
  • kaytyl2
    Hi CJ, Welcome to MFP, it is fantastic. Aside from the weigh in meetings it is better than WW. I am finding it so easy to track my food.

Good luck on your journey and lets keep each other motivated!
  • kaytyl2
    Thanks for all the support x
  • makainui
    makainui Posts: 31
    You'll love it here!! great support system here with great friends!!!
  • LauritaS767
    LauritaS767 Posts: 71 Member
    Hi! I'm also a former WW member. Managed to lose 70lbs with them, but didn't want to continue paying for their services (especially with the new program!). MFP has been my website of choice because it is so easy! Good luck on your journey !
  • maxinec51
    maxinec51 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Kayty12 I am new to MFP as well after being on WW for about 4 years got to my goal but have put 24lbs back on :( I don't like the new points system either. A friend recommended MFP and im finding the site brilliant the only little little problem i have is when you exercise and use calories you have to eat more. My first weigh-in will be on Tues fingers crossed i have lost . Good luck for you first weigh-in. Hope to talk soon Max :smile:
  • kaytyl2
    Hi Max, sending a FR. :happy:
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Hi there :) I just joined myself couple days ago and guess where I'm coming from...Yes, Weight Watchers :laugh:
    I started Insanity Workout about 1.5 months ago and felt that WW just wasn't working for me anymore. I decided to join MFP and discovered the group "Eat more to lose weight". That' s what I'm doing now.

Feel free to add me ladies. I could use more friends and motivation. :smile:
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    welcome!!! just added youl. anyone can add me as well!
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Hi! Welcome! I was doing WW too and had success with it until they changed to the "new" system. As soon as I switched, the weight began to creep back up. I think part of it had to do with the fact that I was eating a lot of fruit and veggies that I wasn't tracking. If you'd like some company and positive encouragement, please feel free to add me. :)
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    I used to be on WW about 3 years ago. I lost 11 lbs but gained it all back pretty quick... Since being on mfp I lost 20 lbs and have kept it off for about 6 months already. I didn't like WW I found myself to be hungry all the time and how many points I was allowed to eat made me constantly think about food.. I love mfp and all the people on here !! Feel free to add me for support. :)
  • Patsy165
    Patsy165 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi! After paying lots more money to WW than I want to think about I found this site a few weeks ago & am finished with WW! I have been messing around the same 5 lbs. for about a year, all the while counting my points. THis is so much easier & just makes sense! I have been counting cals for 3 weeks and have almost kissed that 5 pounds goodbye! I have hope that I can lose the rest now! We can do this! I feel more like "I" am doing it with MFP, not just a program I am following! I want to prove I dont need WW and to pay money to lose weight!