Who knows about boats

Options
Foxypoo61287
Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
Have a Suzuki DT140 that stalls when put into gear. What could the probs be? I think it's timing, but Idk how to check that or fix it.

Replies

• george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    most likely a fuel problem , this the first time you had it out since winter?
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I know about my gravy boat. It has no issues running.

Just kidding. It could be a multitude of different things. I suggest someone checks it out in person.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yeh I agree its probably a gas problem, syphon as much gas as possible out of the tank or dump it if possible,fill it with new gas and add some sea foam. Also you should check the spark plugs to make sure they are not fouled. Oh the joys of owning a boat!! They always seem to have issues at the wrong time.:bigsmile:
  • Brineb
    Brineb Posts: 2
    Options
    Agree on the fuel problem. Unles you made any changes the timing is good. If it sat all winter try some B12 or start your engine to clear out the "gunk".
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    We have a different engine but we kept stalling and the timing was checked several times- it ended up being the battery
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    We have a different engine but we kept stalling and the timing was checked several times- it ended up being the battery
    Thats why I always have 3 batteries on each of my boats. : )