Big Ol Butt

Options
Okay. I can tell that my progression is happening. My clothes are falling off of me and everyone says that they can see a big difference. So why have my butt and my waist grown? My butt grew 6 inches! What does that mean? Isn't it supposed to shrink? Lol. The hubby loves it, by the way, lol.

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    That is rather strange. I hope someone comes up with why you've gained inches there, I have no idea. However I would like to congratulate you on you NSV of having your clothes loosing up because of your weight loss.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that you're not measuring it exactly the same way and/or place? Obviously, I don't know how you're measuring it, but it's probably best to have someone else do it and to take three measurements each time and then average those numbers.

ETA: Also, it could have something to do with your posture or the way you're standing when you're measured.
  • ThickNThunda
    ThickNThunda Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that you're not measuring it exactly the same way and/or place? Obviously, I don't know how you're measuring it, but it's probably best to have someone else do it and to take three measurements each time and then average those numbers.

ETA: Also, it could have something to do with your posture or the way you're standing when you're measured.

I do three measurements just to be sure. I'm shocked.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Bodies change shape through exercise and diet. It could just be that you body has changed shape and when you lose more weight you will start to look different yet again. I wouldn't worry about it. Obviously something is working :)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    My hips grew before they shrank (could have been nothing but water).
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You might be toning it. If your butt is kind of droopy normally, working out is making those muscles grow make it "rise". If you look at before and after pictures of people with toned butts, it always looks higher and bigger. My butt has gotten an inch bigger despite my clothes fitting looser. Also, make sure you're measuring the same each time (same spot, same position, same clothing....i usually do it without clothing on), that makes a difference. It's best if someone who is a seamstress can show you how (if you aren't one) to make sure you're doing it right. Congratulations! I'm hoping I keep some of my butt lol!

And I agree about your body changing. I lost weight when I was 20 and before then I always had wider hips my butt wasn't semi big but not really. When I lost weight, my hips went down. I gained way or weight years later and most of the weight went to my butt. So now at 26, I have smaller hips than I did when I was younger with a lot of more booty (thank God). So that might be what's happening :)
  • jamface11
    jamface11 Posts: 87
    Options
    Maybe your butts lifted and rounded out? Good Job :D
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This USED to happen to me when I tried to lose weight because I am one of those big butted girls, too. Poor dieting could be your problem. When I say poor dieting, I mean not drinking enough water, eating highly processed 'diet' foods high in sodium and low nutrition and calories. These factors cause stress and increased inflammation, right in the "problem areas". Also, while you cannot target fat loss, you can target muscle toning. If you are doing any exercise and it only includes the lower body, you are adding to a build up under the fat layers that are adding inches. I reversed this by concentrating on upper body weight training and no resistance cardio for the lower body. Worked for me.