I'm new and lost as can be!!

Options
icec32
icec32 Posts: 6 Member
I've been dieting forever it seems like. I haven't lost any weight but I've been going at it alone. I figured it might be time to share and just maybe I can get a little help on holding myself accountable.

Replies

• 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    "I found you"!..LOL~ I am great at making people stick to things! Add me if you like....I need help too! :smile:
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like some support :flowerforyou:
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Best of luck.
  • Greensherbert
    Greensherbert Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can do it-- it's really tough, but worth it in the end :)
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    you may add me if you like support is always good
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I've been dieting forever it seems like. I haven't lost any weight

that is so, SO sad.

You have come to the right place. All I can say is do what MFP says to do. Don't be silly and try and do it too quickly or you may die of starvation. Set your goal to 1 lb/week as you ease in (mine is a half pound per week!) and be EXTREMELY honest and diligent with tracking, measuring, weighing. If you do, you will find out what works and what doesn't.

MFP Message boards can be a snarky place, but mostly everyone is very supportive of healthy living and good hard work.
  • DawnzCreationz
    DawnzCreationz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat and all alone not losing much despite being diligent with what I am eating. So you are not alone and we can learn together! My main problem is with the calories and how much I really need. If they figure my calories at 1900 per day and I don't take in that much is that good or is that maybe part of the reason I am not seeing much in the way of results. Thanks for any light anyone can shed!

Dawn
  • michellekicks
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat and all alone not losing much despite being diligent with what I a eatng. So you are not alone and we can learn together! My main problem is with the calories and how much I really need. If they figure I my calories at 1900 per day and I don't take in that much is that good or is that maybe part of the reason I am not seeing much in the way of results. Thanks for any light anyone can shed!

Dawn

What is your goal set to? How far under are you each day?
  • abacorica
    abacorica Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place! You can add me if you like. Best of luck!!!
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I log in every day. I too started on my own and was able to lose. I needed to prove to myself I could do it. After I got into a routine, then I opened up my diary and looking for friends. There is great support here. Good luck with your journey. Remember it's not a destination.
  • DawnzCreationz
    DawnzCreationz Posts: 21 Member
    Options

My goal weight is a looong way off but mfp had me at 1970 calories a day and I was always under by a couple hundred at least. I thought that was a good thing but now I am all turned around because other sources all say my calories should be something different per day so I truly don't know how much I should be getting anyway. I don't exercise much so I know the calories will be higher because of that and I really am diligent with weighing and counting everything but don't see much happening and I have been at it since April 26. I know not a long time but still thought I would see more ... doesn't help I don't trust the accuracy of my scale either.
  • michellekicks
    Options

My goal weight is a looong way off but mfp had me at 1970 calories a day and I was always under by a couple hundred at least. I thought that was a good thing but now I am all turned around because other sources all say my calories should be something different per day so I truly don't know how much I should be getting anyway. I don't exercise much so I know the calories will be higher because of that and I really am diligent with weighing and counting everything but don't see much happening and I have been at it since April 26. I know not a long time but still thought I would see more ... doesn't help I don't trust the accuracy of my scale either.

I meant, is your goal set to losing 2lbs/week, 1lb/week, 0.5lbs/week etc. When you set your settings, you probably chose "sedentary" lifestyle (I did too) and then a goal weight loss per week. When MFP gives you a calorie target, that already factors in how many calories you burn and how much you want to lose... so yes, you should eat them. You shouldn't go under them.

Having said that, 1900-something is quite a lot. If you have lots of weight to lose you could probably set your goal at 2lbs/week... but the faster you want to lose, the harder it is. The harder it is the less likely you'll just stick to it. Feel free to friend me if you want and we could talk more in-depth via private message.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    All I can say is follow the calories they give you and you will lose!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

Follow the program here, be honest in your diary (why lie to yourself?), and stick to your calorie goals. It works.
  • EllenGould
    EllenGould Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie too. I've been diabetic for about 9 months and was just put on meds for it. I am seriously motivated to loose weight and get off the diabetic meds. I want to loose at least 50 pounds.
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    MFP IS a great tool! Eat your calories as best as you can, if you go over still log it! You are better off seeing everything you eat. Make sure your diary is open so others can see (I haven't checked to see if yours was open or not) Letting others see what you eat help them to give you advice if you are having problems.

Feel free to add me, I log several times a day. Good luck!
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you like...there's power in numbers and the more friends you have the more motivated you will be. You can do it....One day at a time.
  • trenikamccoy1
    trenikamccoy1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is awesome here! The motivation is great! I love it. Add me I would like more support! I think its great.
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I log in every day! I love this app! It's great! Add me of ya like
  • lakota1307
    lakota1307 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    this is a great place to start !! welcome !!!!