My 12 Step Program

Options
juli_jones
juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
I am 5'3" and my highest weight was 208. I started MFP on March 19, 2012 at 201.5. My first 3 weeks were slow going and I almost gave up, then (with the help of friends/blogs/forums) I realized that I wasn't eating enough. I upped my daily calories by about 400 calories and by week 4 the pounds started melting away. I sat down one day and set my goals...I realized that I had 12 - I have been addicted to food for many years so it seemed fitting to battle my addiction with a 12 Step Program. When I set these goals, I had already met two of them and was well on my way to the 3rd. The pounds between each step vary between .2 pounds and 10 pounds all are small reasonable goals and much more attainable than trying to reach that little number I haven't seen in 18 years. I know that if I do this one step at a time I WILL see that little number on my scales very soon.

MY 12 STEP PROGRAM!!!

STEP 1 - 1.6 lbs - One-derland - met 3/29/12 (10 days)
STEP 2 - 8.4 lbs - 10 lbs lost- met 4/24/12 (1 month 9 days)
STEP 3 – 6.6 lbs - 1/4 to goal/16.6 lbs lost -
STEP 4 - 3.4 lbs - 10%/20 lbs lost -
STEP 5 - 10 lbs - 15%/30 lbs lost-
STEP 6 - 3.2 lbs - 1/2 to goal/33.2 lbs lost -
STEP 7 – 3.4 lbs - pre-wedding weight/33.6 lbs lost -
STEP 8 – 3.4 lbs - 20%/40 lbs lost -
STEP 9 - 9.8 lbs - 3/4 to goal/49.8 lbs lost -
STEP 10 - .2 lbs - 50lbs lost
STEP 11 - 10 lbs - 30%/60 lbs lost -
STEP 12 - 6.5 lbs - Final goal 135 lbs -

I encourage each of you to set yourself short term goals that you can reach and celebrate on your way to your ultimate weight loss goal.

Replies

• FloridaJenn
    FloridaJenn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!
  • sbb7249
    sbb7249 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Love this! I've started breaking down my goals into smaller ones to keep those overwhelming thoughts at bay. Thanks!
  • Rochie81
    Rochie81 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    great idea, i'm gonna use this!!!
  • amywms
    amywms Posts: 1
    Options
    please help i just started and i dont get it.i can eat what ever i want as long it doesnt go over 1200 cals
    or do i need to stay away from carbs and eat more protine.thanks amy
  • renstwin
    renstwin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! Thank you for sharing.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic idea! Thank you for sharing it and congratulations on your success so far!
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I'm in week 2 trying to get to where you are now, you give me hope, thx!
  • FloridaJenn
    Options
    Thank u for showing everyone just how obtainable their goal can be!!! With small victories all along the way!!!!
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    please help i just started and i dont get it.i can eat what ever i want as long it doesnt go over 1200 cals

The 'way' you eat will matter. It is very easy to consume 1200 calories of food that is 'less than' and be ravishing hungry.
    Try to set your goals so that 30% of your calories come from Protein (there is a way to set this in your goals in MFP). If you meet your protein goal, you will feel more full and that will help. You can really go crazy about the nutrient ratios here, but if you are just starting, that is a great place to begin.

Also, eat up those veggies. They will also help fill you up! Carbs from green veggies are the good kinds!

Hope that helps
  • FloridaJenn
    Options
    Proudly bumping this for my friend!!
  • neenie12
    neenie12 Posts: 40
    Options
    I would always think of little goals to set myself but I have just spent time writing it down after seeing yours!!! I have worked out that I have lost 6% of my original weight and although I have a lot more to lose - half way being losing 55 lbs - it doesn't seem as daunting anymore!!!
  • stephide
    stephide Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love it. Very creative but true
  • melsmars
    melsmars Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm going to this right now, thanks!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    A couple of days ago I got completely depressed at the amount I have to lose... so I changed my tickertape.

It has always put my goal as my final target weight (140lbs). I've now decided to aim for 1st (14lbs) at a time instead.

I'm going to work on this one stone at a time and celebrate that my ticker is now half way to my first goal.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options

Hi you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay at your recommended calories of 1200. Its up to you what you eat, whether you want to eat healthy or not. I am trying to eat healthier but I do still have my sweets and I have lost 18 pounds and I only started this February 27, 2012. I noticed your from Ocala, so am I. You can add me as a friend if you want. Hope this helps
  • pawheeler1
    pawheeler1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea, when i see how much weight I need to lose i get overwhelmed. Setting small goals might just be what I need! Thanks!!
  • Ms_TK
    Ms_TK Posts: 19
    Options
    :smile:
    Oh my!! I love the 12 steps!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!