20/20 on ABC tonight (10pm EST)

Options
20/20 has a great program on tonight about Weight loss programs, the money we spend and the scams. In case you are interested!

Replies

• chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thanks watching right now...........interesting
  • Got2bdrea
    Got2bdrea Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm gonna watch thanks!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm watching it now. It's pretty good.

Eat right and exercise. Only thing that ever works. But people still want a 17 day diet. Sad...
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 2live4ever79
    Options
    I'm watching....very interesting
  • Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I stumbled on it also.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Just watched the segment on the lap band and it made me SO sick! I wanted to punch those "doctors" in the throat. Those people lost their lives because of THEIR negligence, but want to blame it on "other" medical issues.

Yes, people have reasons for surgery, I definitely don't condone it because it comes down to diet and exercise, period. But wow... makes you just sick.
  • kathymillard1970
    Options
    I am watching it also. The only thing that really works is to watch what you eat and exercise, at least that is how it is for me
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Watching and DVR'ed just in case I miss anything.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Just now caught it so I missed most of it. I'll try to watch it in full later.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm watching it too. Some of the stuff on it is appalling. So much so that it makes me sick. :explode:
  • melk513
    melk513 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The "feeding tube" segment made me ill. I just don't see how this is a healthy long term solution!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Yep. Look at all those fad diets they exposed as frauds and sometimes dangerous scams. The same ones people post about here daily.

But everytime you try to say "That's not a sustainable plan. You should just eat well and exercise." you get called a hater and told if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.

Sometimes I get cynical and think the people only looking for a quick fix deserve to have their money taken from them. But no one deserves to die. That's for sure.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Yep. Look at all those fad diets they exposed as frauds and sometimes dangerous scams. The same ones people post about here daily.

But everytime you try to say "That's not a sustainable plan. You should just eat well and exercise." you get called a hater and told if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.

Sometimes I get cynical and think the people only looking for a quick fix deserve to have their money taken from them. But no one deserves to die. That's for sure.

It's incredibly frustrating. Sadly, they are adults, and in the end, it's their choice.
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I only caught the last 5 minutes, but I would like to go to that Swiss hotel and be pampered and still lose weight...Chrono dieting....hmmmm
  • kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I watched it also, great special! The feeding tube lady who allowed her daughter to call her fat when she went from a size 2 to a size 8 absolutely disgusted me!! How is teaching your daughter to ridicule and shame an average weight acceptable?! Sadly, I can think of many other diets that could be included on that show.

Take home point; eat healthy, exercise, and above all enjoy life!!