cant stay on track!! :((

Options
I do so good at the gym but outside i eat like crazy. I have so many cravings and have a habit of saying yes to them. What can I do to stay motivated? I really want to loose the belly but seem like im not getting anywhere. Also i do drink alot of diet soda, Im trying to cut that out actually. My thing is I work out then I eat poorly. I say to myself I start my diet tommorrow but this is all the time. I need to stay motivated!!!

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    When I crave something I try to find a healthier substitution. I also try to fit unhealthy things into my calorie allowance. Earlier this year I had a twix problem. So everyday I alloted myself a twix in my calories. That mean I ate fish or boiled chicken most of the time and only ate low carb vegetables like asparagus, broccoli tomatoes. I don't have to have twix any more.
  • roliepolienicolie
    Options
    i have the same problem. but i just take it a day at time and think that i didn't gain all this weight over night so i'm not going to lose it over night. just think of how much better you will feel. i carry water with me all the time. it helps me to not eat as much. and i limit myself to one diet soda a day because i'm addicted but i'm trying to break the habit.
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    :) the "I'm going to start a diet tomorrow" struck a chord with me. I always seem to gain weight when I am planning to start a diet in the near future. Start logging your calories right now, and then maybe you'll feel less like going on a diet and more like exercising some restraint about your cravings. :flowerforyou: good luck :smile:
  • argburr
    Options
    When I'm having craving problems I ask myself "Is that going to taste as good and being thin feels?" and "Do I love (thing i want to eat) more than I love myself?" I know it seems cheesesy, but it works for me. Maybe it'll help you. Good Luck!!
  • Beautifylgirl
    Beautifylgirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. My husband is my biggest obsticle as he doesnt eat any of the "healthy" stuff that I like to eat. I have gotten lazy and instead of cooking two meals, one for him and one special one for me, I've just been eating what he eats. I'm trying make a point of eating healthier but it's hard. Start with something small. Get a travel water bottle that's like 16 oz, fill it with a TON of ice and then add 8 oz of your favorite Diet soda or even better water with some Crystal Light or something similar. It definately helps fight that craving of something sweet to drink.
    Good luck!