Recipes For Healthy Ice Cream-Like Desserts?

Options
graelwyn
graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
Going through a bad ben and Jerry's phase, and looking for some ideas for healthier, lowish calorie alternatives.
I know of the banana in a blender one, but looking for more.
Also, I need to get a blender, I guess, lol.

Replies

• Kasm296
    Kasm296 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt...sugar free cheesecake jello mix + berries then freeze for a few....taste like cheesecake ..
  • hkatrobos
    hkatrobos Posts: 49
    Options
    fro-yo, yo! i eat greek frozen yogurt... still a bit of calories/carbs but at least they're packing a bit of protein :drinker:
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream? Weight Watchers ice cream? They're both delicious!
    Sometimes I will have a root beer float with light ice cream and diet root beer. Light ice cream is still a little high in calorie (110 for 1/2 cup) but definitely better than B&J's lol
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    greek yoghurt makes great, high-protein froyo :D just google recipes and you'll find a ton :) or skinny cow as someone already said!
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    google yonanas..

WIN
  • Mlove1356
    Mlove1356 Posts: 15
    Options
    Frozen grapes
  • Jenn_10
    Jenn_10 Posts: 83
    Options
    Frozen yogurt or Greek yogurt with fresh fruits
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I make a protein shake with whey, pudding mix (optional), psyllium husk powder, 1/2 c cottage cheese, water, ice. It sets up so thick I eat it with a spoon!
  • currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    google yonanas..

WIN

YUP....What he said!! One of the best gadgets EVER!!!!!
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    google yonanas..

WIN

YUP....What he said!! One of the best gadgets EVER!!!!!

X3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Katrina_F
    Katrina_F Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    There's an ice cream out there called Artic Zero that is only 150 calories per pint. I had the vanilla maple, it was super sweet but went great with fresh raspberries. See if you can find it!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Covered Katie! She has some frozen treats...would be worth trying. :)

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/ice-cream-and-frozen-treats/
  • kathym59
    kathym59 Posts: 51
    Options
    Pureed strawberries and 0% fromage frais, put in freezer and stir every couple of hours. Absolutely delicious
  • 4rgl
    4rgl Posts: 106
    Options
    Frozen blocks of acai berry puree, blend with nonfat greek yogurt or a little almond or soymilk to make a thick, ice-cream like consistency, top with whatever fruit you like and maybe some fat free cool whip..

And what others have said: skinny cow, frozen greek yogurt
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Greek frozen yogurt!
    I got a half-pint ice cream maker and it's SUPER easy to make and delicious! My recipe is 1 single serving cup of plain greek yogurt, plus the same amount of regular plain yogurt, sugar and or sweetener to taste, and then throw it in the ice cream maker. You can add fruit if you like too :D My mini ice cream maker makes it in 12 minutes!
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Tru-Whip-just found it and I eat it with strawberries and sugar free cheesecake pudding mix. Awesome!