looking for some fitness pal friends

beckyk1979
beckyk1979 Posts: 11 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
:happy: Hi, I just joined and would like to make some friends on here. Maybe people with similar life situations as me.
I just turned 30, been dieting my whole life pretty much and have lost and gained weight quite a few times but has never been less than 174 pounds. My highest was around 235 when i was in high school, I'm at 195 right now. I've gained about 20 pounds this past year.
I don't have any kids, i just started school full time, an associates program at a local college after being laid off from a job i had for 9 years, and am working part time.
I have some time for exercise and try to work out but eating too much is my biggest probelm. I love food, i hate it, it's my comfort and satisfaction and this weight loss is more of a mental struggle than a physical one by far.

So, if you want to help me, and would like help from me as well please add me as a friend. I need support and motivation and would love to give it back too. :flowerforyou:

Becky

Replies

• Would love to be your pal. just turned 31 yesterday, been struggling with my weight all my life. Up to about 400 pounds and looking to become half the man that I am now. Joined here to make friends and get support hoipefully you and I can be just that. Read my blog and hopefully we can help each other out
  • You are the same age as my youngest son...I have lost 6 pounds since I started this...It's a mind game...Every time I wanted some chocolate or go to McDonalds I asked myself what am I going to think about myself after I eat ? I choose to eat smartly now...I am 55 almost 56 and just a little bit off of what I want to weigh...I get no encoungement from anyone...It's all about how you feel inside...Good luck ...you can do this...
  • Hey Becky.

Our stories are actually strangely similar. I am 27 years old. I am at my highest weight ever (just joined yesterday) at 297 pounds. I was working for a company for 8 years that went out of business and got lucky and found a new job immediately only to get laid off on 9/5/09. I am not enrolled as a full time college student at a technical college.

Would love to have you as a MFP friend. If you need anything let me know. I'll be here!!

Keindra
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    :smile: Hi Beccky my name is Pam I think that the two things that we have in common is we are girls and we trying to get fit and healthy But I think that is enough to be MFP buddies :wink: I would be happy to give you some encourgement and support:flowerforyou:
  • :sad: Hi my name is Adriana am 22 years of age. I use to weigh 145:happy: back in high school and now i weigh 195!:sad:. I need some help! so far ive been going to the gym monday -thursday for an hour and i eat lean cuisine meals. my problem is that i am also an emotional eater. Hopefully we could help each other.:flowerforyou:
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Becky,

Your story sounds a lot like mine! I'm 27 and 2 years ago I was at my lowest (which was also 174). Then I felt like school and life was just too busy and I needed a break from working out and eating right. The next semester of school, I was never able to get back into being healthy and I've gained back all of the weight I had lost plus some.

I really love food, and that is my biggest problem as well. I love to cook and bake, and I'm perfectly happy to eat all day. When I'm on track and just focusing on being healthy for me, I can do a really good job. The hardest part for me is just not giving in to every craving and emotional need I have to eat. So, I could use some support too. I'm really prepared to eat right, and really expecting to get back down to where I was 2 years ago. We can both reach our goals!

-Alison
This discussion has been closed.