Uugh.. The feeding tube diet.

Options
Has anyone else heard about this? There are people using the same feeding tubes that people need to survive comas as a weight loss tool. I know that it's different strokes for different folks, but this just seems crazy to me. Any thoughts?

Here's a link to the story:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2012/04/17/the-feeding-tube-diet-and-our-limitless-weight-loss-idiocy/

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    It's just another way for someone to lose. If they can afford it and it works for them then by all means do it. For me on the other hand I'll go the long way and change my lifestyle to include a healthy diet and exercise.
  • PulchritudinousLady
    PulchritudinousLady Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am speechless!

I watched an Intervention episode about a girl like that and, on top of being bizarre, it was REALLY disgusting to watch her pour coffee into her feeding tube.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I heard, about it on Live with Kelly. Granted I don't take anything on there serious, but she was talking about women, doing this to get skinny fast for their wedding. Totally ridiculous , in my opinion.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I would not do it. Seems seriously insane to me.
  • seraphinaglitter
    seraphinaglitter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's terribly sad. :-(

There are so many health risks, and that doesn't improve your psychological standing on food at all, just makes it worse. What Doctor would allow that? Ugh.