Coconut water

Options
Ive looked it up but i dont believe what google write lol. Has anybody heard of it and is it healthy? i read it was good for losing weight.

Replies

• RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It is VERY healthy for you (:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I don't know about it being good for losing weight especially, but I know it's usually pretty good for you. It's low in calories and is high in potassium for the most part.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,022 Member
    Options
    It helps fill a nutritional need with low calories. And it tastes good. What's not to love?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    this is for coconut milk not water but anyway....from wkipedia

"While it is important to note that there is conflicting evidence on the claimed health effects of consuming significant amounts of coconut milk, coconut is rich in medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs), which the body processes differently than other saturated fats. MCFAs promote weight maintenance without raising cholesterol levels. They work best for preventing weight gain if you’re not overweight or maintaining your new weight after a successful diet."
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I like to drink it when i have muscle cramps since it is very good for hydration. Sobe makes some drinks that are like 10% coconut water... but if I am really hard up I just get the 100% from goya.

Works for hangovers too
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I tried it after hearing how good it is for you. It was the most disgusting thing I had tasted in a long time. 3 juice box (sizes) expired before I ever got to those. It was so gross. :noway:
  • DippyD87
    DippyD87 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thank you, i will have to get me some :)
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Coconut water is full of electrolytes .. Great aid in rehydration post workout .. It's kinda a natural sports drink .. Great for hangovers too :) .... Not sure about how it would assist in weight loss though
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I like to drink it when i have muscle cramps since it is very good for hydration. Sobe makes some drinks that are like 10% coconut water... but if I am really hard up I just get the 100% from goya.
    Goya adds sugar to theirs, don't they? I loooooove coconut water. I got a case when it was on sale. I don't drink it for health benefits though, I just find it delicious.
  • PulchritudinousLady
    PulchritudinousLady Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can also buy those Thai coconuts (they are saved into cones on one end) at the grocery store. Those are the kind WWII docs used in place of IV solution. I don't like the taste but I'll drink it anyway knowing how darn good the liquid is for my body.
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options
    coconut water is awesome as a hangover remedy...but then none of us drinks to excess, do we? lol
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    coconut, coconut, oil, coconut water. It's all healthy and good for weight loss. Sadly for me I'm allergic, and have to pass, unless I want to have my throat close up on me and break out in hives. lol