LADIES! I need a push!

Options
Ok so more like a big old honkin shove! I had been doing really well going to the gym and all. Then last week (for the fisrt time in 3 months) My body kicked in and screamed "Haha your a GIRL!" :cry: So swimming has been out this week and I always feel really nasty :sick: at this time so I have not been able to push myself to the gym all week. It really sucks and I feel worse now than I have in weeks. Argh! :mad:

How do you motivate yourselves when you feel like this?

Replies

• rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ok so more like a big old honkin shove! I had been doing really well going to the gym and all. Then last week (for the fisrt time in 3 months) My body kicked in and screamed "Haha your a GIRL!" :cry: So swimming has been out this week and I always feel really nasty :sick: at this time so I have not been able to push myself to the gym all week. It really sucks and I feel worse now than I have in weeks. Argh! :mad:

How do you motivate yourselves when you feel like this?
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You know that feeling of accomplishment after any type of work out?... Strive for that great feeling!
    I know it's so hard sometimes but we all know you're strong enough to do it sweetie.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Every month when that happens, I try to get some exercise in, because it actually really reduces cramps for me. It relaxes me and I sleep a lot better. Stick with it! Even a walk around the block would help, and it would at least get you moving. Keep moving slowly and remember your goal! We're all here for you.
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You know that feeling of accomplishment after any type of work out?... Strive for that great feeling!
    I know it's so hard sometimes but we all know you're strong enough to do it sweetie.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:

DITTO!:drinker:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    You may not feel like going to the gym...but you could always just do some little stuff around your house or apt. I have free weights, 5lbs, and 10lbs. when I feel lazy, I just make myself lift some reps...even if its just the 5 lb. Anything is better than nothing. You don't even have to do that much...just something little...
    Good luck! I know those days suck...lucky men:)
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hey, congratulations on your first 11 lbs lost!!! That's the way--little by little it will come off.
    Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • ophedian
    ophedian Posts: 78
    Options
    Okay... I know I know I am not a Lady, but you know what I am married to one :) Does that not count. :)

Okay here is my advice. When I cannot go swimming, I usually do some type of "lying on my back exercise" routine.

1) The Leg Bicycle kicks [lower stomach and Quads]
    2) Wide push-ups [ chest]
    3) Narrow push-ups with arms down the sides [Tricepts]

--- Keep repeating sets until end of workout

That seems to get most of the muscles I would use in the pool working as I mostly swim using the Breast stroke method
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Of course you can still go swimming. Just use a tampon. I hate them but it won't stop me from doing what I enjoy. If that's what you want to do, DO IT!!! Take it slow if you have cramps but the water is so relaxing. Go for it girl!!!