Stay away from _________!!!!!!

Options
KBGirts
KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
I think it's funny when people say "Stay away from (insert food here)!" For example: "Stay away from refine sugar and processed foods" . While I often agree with what's being advised, I find the "stay away from" part funny. To me it sounds kinda like "Stay away from poison ivy"...... I always imagine the food sitting on a table in one corner of the room, and someone wide eye and freaked out in another corner trying to "stay away" from it.

..... But then again, I'm kind of a dork.

What are some foods we should "STAY AWAY FROM"????

Mine are all those fake, crappy oils. What are yours?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    ol girl named Rhonda. Srs brah stay away or you'll end up in dat dere clinic.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    On a more serious note, I find food elimination to be silly outside of individual intolerances and/or medical conditions.
  • HannahPTA
    HannahPTA Posts: 39
    Options
    I need to stay away from my kryptonite foods...young coconut, rice krispy treats, popcorn, ice cream etc. I just have no control when these foods are around. I just know that these food must be banished from my diet all together. I will miss them like an addict but I just keep telling myself be strong.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Trans fats are the only really bad one.

I also really despise carrots, so I say, "STAY AWAY FROM THE CARROTS!"
  • KBGirts
    Options
    On a more serious note, I find food elimination to be silly outside of individual intolerances and/or medical conditions.

I'm sure there's still things that even YOU won't eat..... like worms. Come on.... join in!!! Don't be that guy...........
  • KBGirts
    Options
    ol girl named Rhonda. Srs brah stay away or you'll end up in dat dere clinic.

Don't worry..... I'm not a lesbo!!!

But I'll pass the word on!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    heavy lifting....never lift heavy..you might get bulky.

and lemonade and maple syrup only
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Beautiful men who don't speak English.

No.. wait... you asked about food...

High Fructose Corn Syrup and Aspartame
  • charmingtrouble
    charmingtrouble Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    stay away from ume boshi!!!!! japanese soured plum ..... it'll make you go like dees --> :sick:
  • mcfish618
    mcfish618 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars, and god forbid do NOT let your husband have any! Looking for something different and these were on sale, they must be made by the devil as the gas and stomache cramps are HORRIBLE.......They tasted not to bad but dear god it was like an alien in my stomache all afternoon!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Stay away from KFC double downs :)
  • steviegreeks
    steviegreeks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @Jules I hope you're joking?!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Beautiful men who don't speak English.

Or maybe DON'T stay away from them :wink:
  • mcfish618
    mcfish618 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I wish I was joking!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    stay away from anything flavored with acai berries or acai berries themselves.

they taste like someone took a week's worth of their sweaty gym socks and strained the liquid out of them.

or i should say it tastes like what i THINK strained gym socks would taste like.

oh and kashi go lean crunch cereal unless you are ok with painful gas with a smell that could take the paint off walls
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    ____anything on my plate or you'll be pulling back a bloody stump. Oh and the rotting bananas on the right side of your screen. No carbs after 3pm and hot dogs give you cancer when cooked in a microwave made in California on a Sunday.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I stay away from blocks of chocolate. I am happy to have a small amount of chocolate almost daily, but as soon as I buy a block of it I cannot control myself! Also, pasta, I only cook a tiny bit so there is no leftovers... as they do not remain left overs for lunch the next day! Whoops!
  • nathanialt
    nathanialt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    stay away from anything flavored with acai berries or acai berries themselves.

they taste like someone took a week's worth of their sweaty gym socks and strained the liquid out of them.

or i should say it tastes like what i THINK strained gym socks would taste like.

oh and kashi go lean crunch cereal unless you are ok with painful gas with a smell that could take the paint off walls

I have been given the task of removing paint from the dining room wall. Thanks for the tip.
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    my downfall is sweets like pie, icecream, and pudding.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Stay away from me. I'm baking and I have no qualms about making others fat for the sake of my hobby.