Jillian Micheals 30 day shred

Options
Is there anyone doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Micheal's. I am trying to figure out the 20 minute calorie burn.
Thanks littlebeth

Replies

• 4Tracylee
    4Tracylee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just started it and I will admit it is kicking my butt. How is it working for you. I am interested in the calorie burn too, but haven't been able to figure it out...please keep me posted if you find anything out.
    Thanks.
  • Rhami1
    Rhami1 Posts: 23
    Options
    I did a general search for "how to track 30 Day Shred" when I started it and found that most people are tracking it as "circuit training, general"
  • 1958elizabeth
    Options
    Thank you so much for the tip on looking up circuit training. That helped alot. This is my first 30 day workout. I will check back in a couple of days and see how you are all doing. Stay strong and soar far. Thanks again for the tip. littlebeth
  • kellyjoy76
    kellyjoy76 Posts: 1
    Options
    It is almost 40 min from start to finish with the warm up, i know she calls it a 20 min workout but its not! and she whips you around! I really like the workouts and definately see my shape changing and weight lost. I record it as a 30 min circuit training but I wonder if you burn more calories??
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've found that I burn fewer calories than the database says now that I have a heart rate monitor to compare numbers with. I don't think either is 100% accurate, but even carefully weighing food only yields an approximation of calories so why would exercise be different? For now, I figure if I keep my numbers close to where they need to be, I'll be fine. So far so good! Also, from what I've read (as I'm no expert), you continue to burn a higher amount of calories after some workouts. Anyway, good luck!
  • lauren128m
    lauren128m Posts: 75
    Options
    I looked on previous boards. I always put 150calories burnt
  • IndyMode
    IndyMode Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I read on a diff website that it burns 167 cals in 20 minutes for level 1, I just stared 30 day shred this week and that's what I've been recording.
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am doing it. I do not understand what you are referring to with the calorie burn. Do you mean how much you burn doing it? I use a HRM. I have burned anywhere from 165-200. Usually I burn about 177 calories. I weight between 150-155. If you weigh more you will burn more. BUt if you skip a few jumping jacks or squats, etc, then you will burn less. The other day I did not miss one move until the lateral raises at the end. I missed about 4 of those. That as the most I ever did. That was the day I burned a little over 200.
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I track it on my HRM and for level 1 I burnt 190 on day 1 and now it's steady at about 177. If you log it as circuits MFP tells you it's about 300!!! I'm supposed to start level 2 today but am having a day off! Bootcamp tomo!!
  • Meltallica
    Meltallica Posts: 10
    Options
    I just stared this workout on Monday (it is now Wed) and I've got to say, there is absolutely NO WAY I can do it today too! The thing that I don't understand about this is that it says you are suppose to do it every day, but there is no mention of letting your body recover! Isn't it really bad to not give your body any rest?? What if you are just in too much pain to doing it every day? Either way, I'm going to skip today and hopefully I'll be less sore tomorrow and maybe I'll do it then. I just think it's kind of dangerous to keep going if you are too sore, I'm afraid i would do some kind of damage if I kept going feeling like I do! What are everyone elses thoughts?
  • New_Keeley
    Options
    Metallica - It's only suggested to do it everyday. If you're in pain/sore then only do it, say, 3 x a week or every other day. Whatever suits you!! It's a 30 day shred but if your 30 days is spread over 6-8 weeks it doesn't matter, you'll still see great results. Just don't give up!!
  • New_Keeley
    Options
    I just stared this workout on Monday (it is now Wed) and I've got to say, there is absolutely NO WAY I can do it today too! The thing that I don't understand about this is that it says you are suppose to do it every day, but there is no mention of letting your body recover! Isn't it really bad to not give your body any rest?? What if you are just in too much pain to doing it every day? Either way, I'm going to skip today and hopefully I'll be less sore tomorrow and maybe I'll do it then. I just think it's kind of dangerous to keep going if you are too sore, I'm afraid i would do some kind of damage if I kept going feeling like I do! What are everyone elses thoughts?

Everyday is only a suggestion. If you're sore/in pain then listen to your body and rest if need be. If your 30 days takes 6-8 weeks it doesnt matter....you'll still see great results. Just don't give up!
  • Meltallica
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! Someone on the "Official 30 Day Shred" said that this is what is suggested:

2 days 30DS
    1 day cardio
    2 days 30DS
    1 day cardio
    1 day rest

And repeat. I like that plan a whole lot better and that seems to be a whole lot more doable too, so I'm going to go with that! I never thought of giving up, my birthday is coming up at the end of the month and I'm hoping I'll get some results by then! I don't know if 10 days is enough but I'm sure gonna try!
  • JenBuckstein
    JenBuckstein Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 of level 1 on 30 day shred- I think I hate jumping jacks and push ups more than life!! Does this workout really work? I do 1200 calories every day and the weight loss is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. Wish it came off like it came on:-(
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 of level 1 on 30 day shred- I think I hate jumping jacks and push ups more than life!! Does this workout really work? I do 1200 calories every day and the weight loss is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. Wish it came off like it came on:-(

Eat more my friend! Yes the work out works and jumping jack become easy! Push ups will make you feel so stong and you will like how your chest feels . Firm and tight like it did before kids! Keep up all the hard work and add some calories to your diet.
    Do you like avocado great fat remember fat is filling, if you need a little snack at night, so you can sleep turn to fat. I like to have a piece of gouda cheese the best I have found is at publix in the little refrigerated section infront of the deli the brand is "King'" and is better than Boars Head. Cost 5$ for 8 ounce and is under 100 calories per slice.
  • JenBuckstein
    JenBuckstein Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks friend!!! Don't like avocado. Going to do day 3 tomorrow and some walking today.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I finished day 8 of level 1 this morning, I am still sore, it is still hard, but I can already see results. So stick with it.
    I lost 2 lbs the second week after starting it. (I am only doing it 3 times a week because I do other workouts also).
  • Meltallica
    Options

I'm right where you are! Did day 1 on Monday, day 2 yesterday and I'm going to just do some treadmill today and do day 3 tomorrow. 3 days in a row is too much for me right now, hopefully I'll get strong enough to do more soon! Do you want to be 30DS buddies?
  • prettyblack69
    Options
    IM ON DAY 6 AND I LOG IT UNDER CIRCUIT TRAINING AS WELL.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I'm starting it 2mo. I got 2x 3kg dumbells to make it a more effective workout and plan to fit it around my usual gym/runs/ DVDs. I just don't foresee it giving the me calorie burn I want without exercising elsewhere

I'll also use my hrm to log the calories