Why is it so hard to consume all my calories?

Options
My calorie goal is at 1610 a day. Does that seem high to anyone else? I eat good and I don't go hungry. When I do feel hungry I eat. Every day I log my food and I am under my calorie goal, have not hit it once. Anyone else have this problem? Is it really a problem? If so, please share.

Also, I am new here, so any friend requests and extra motivation are certainly welcome. :-)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is at 1610 a day. Does that seem high to anyone else? I eat good and I don't go hungry. When I do feel hungry I eat. Every day I log my food and I am under my calorie goal, have not hit it once. Anyone else have this problem? Is it really a problem? If so, please share.

Also, I am new here, so any friend requests and extra motivation are certainly welcome. :-)
    Eating foods that aren't calorie dense is the issue. Eat foods with higher "good" fat content, like avocados, nuts, peanut butter, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That's just about right at my calorie goal. Being more mindful and eating more vegetables and lean meats can make it a bit difficult but you just have to add in a few things here and there. Some olive oil, some peanut butter, a handful of almonds....Maybe an after dinner dessert?

Edited to add: By dessert, I don't mean ice cream or anything. Haha. I love to have a frozen banana with some peanut butter drizzled over it as a dessert a little while after dinner.
  • charlotte12660
    Options
    Making your goal is hard, I have more days that I don't reach mine (1100) then I do. I am at least with in 100 to 250 calories from it.

You can change it if you are a long way from reaching it (400-600 calories away) at least that's what I would do.

I had sleeve surgery so portions are small. I have to really watch what I eat to make that goal. I try to eat food very high in protein and very few sugars. I found reading labels helps me choose which food to eat for calories and protein. I am not perfect I eat junk food and fast food and on those days I am well over calories and everything else lol.

Don't get discouraged you will get the hang of it :) It just takes time like all good things do.

You will do fine just keep positive.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I asume you're eating a greater voume of food if you're now eating healthy foods as opposed to junk. If you have 100 lbs to lose I wouldn't stress about eating too little.

A word of caution though - if you are trying to eat 100% healthy and live off fruit and veg alone I think you're setting yourself up for failure. Take it slow and ease into it. Good luck.