ate most of my calories for the day last night....

Options
so yes, once ive had a few drinks it seems i am an eating machine....problem is, i have literally no calories left for today :( water it is (Y)

Replies

• racheltb92
    racheltb92 Posts: 6
    Options
    You can still eat the calories you needed for today, just add a little more exercise into the mix and you should be fine. We all have our days (or nights) but you cant starve yourself. Youre not going to lose any weight that way. :)
  • cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It's a new day. Smile. Start anew...let last night be last night.
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    It's a new day. Smile. Start anew...let last night be last night.

I agree with this :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    You should probably still eat today and just forget about last night.

If it keeps happening then you've probably got bigger issues than your calorie totals.
  • xerotolerance
    Options
    You should probably still eat today and just forget about last night.

If it keeps happening then you've probably got bigger issues than your calorie totals.

This, exactly! Don't punish yourself by starving your body.. Your body needs those calories regardless of what you did last night.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Weird, I find I can't eat after a few drinks... maybe I should become an alcoholic *lol*

But that being said, one day isn't going to change your life. Start again tomorrow :)
  • Wilson336
    Wilson336 Posts: 76
    Options
    Everyone needs a "free night" once in a while or you will go nuts. I would even recommend scheduling or allowing yourself a few "free nights" every month. Just be sure to keep track of them so you don't make every night a free night.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    You can still eat the calories you needed for today, just add a little more exercise into the mix and you should be fine. We all have our days (or nights) but you cant starve yourself. Youre not going to lose any weight that way. :)

This! New day, new start! X
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Do NOT try to "make up" for last night today. That is not a good idea. Start new today and just get back on the horse and do your best. :)

Consider it a "cheat day" and, if it is not a regular occurrence, it isn't a problem! :) In fact, some people live by "cheat days" or spiking to keep their body guessing and prevent/break plateaus.
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't understand. What does last night have to do with today? Ok so you blew last night many of us have those days, I drank port wine last night with a friend and ate Chinese food and blew my calorie count. Today I start fresh and stick with my plan. Don't beat yourself up today is a new day, get a workout in to help from last night and continue on your goal!
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    A cheat day (or night) every once in a while will not kill your forward progress... go ahead and treat today as is last night didn't actually happen... then make tomorrow a new day. You may actually be surprised and drop some weight from last night. The body does things we don't believe...
  • whitm2103
    whitm2103 Posts: 41
    Options
    I am confused about this. So if you don't eat all your calories in a day I hear people say to make it up the next time cause it all depends what you are at for the end of the week, but its not ok to not eat your calories. I mean of course I would think just dont eat all your calories but do eat 1200. I am totally confused about all this stuff and reading what people think does not help
  • erogers85
    erogers85 Posts: 32
    Options
    Please don't stress too much about the past- you may end up guilt-eating!! Everyone has crazy calorie days that they wish hadn't happened, but you just have to keep moving forward! t would just make today as healthy as possible- plenty of vegetables, lean protein, and water. Try to get some exercise in today too!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day. You can't change yesterday, so focus on eating healthily today and continue with the plan.
  • Leahh999
    Leahh999 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This post has been helpful! I've been doing the same thing (making up the next day). From now on I will not feel so guilty and frustrated with myself :)