Weighing In?

Options
When do you weigh in, how often?

I use the Wii for exercising with the EA Active and Wii Fit. The Wii Fit likes people to weigh in daily but EA Active asks for it weekly. What do you feel works better for you?

Replies

• raayfrancy
    raayfrancy Posts: 100
    Options
    I like weighing myself monthly (: ... it helps me not obsess over the numbers, and just focus on what I'm doing. Numbers can be discouraging... if you aren't sure what you weigh, it makes you fight even harder so you'll like the number you see. You know? (:
  • s_jane
    s_jane Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I go a little crazy if I have to wait a whole week so I usually weigh in twice a week. Just remember that your weight can fluctuate a lot so weighing in too often doesn't really give you a clear picture.
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I go a little crazy if I have to wait a whole week so I usually weigh in twice a week. Just remember that your weight can fluctuate a lot so weighing in too often doesn't really give you a clear picture.
    I weigh myself every morning. Yeah, it fluctuates a lot, but I still think I get a clearer picture of what my weight is doing than if I did it once a week. If one day is unusually high, that's one thing, but if that one day is your weekly weigh in day, I'd think you'd be more concerned about it. JMHO
  • wantmytruk
    wantmytruk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had thought about monthly when I saw that you had mentioned it last week, but I do think I would go crazy waiting. I feel like daily is too much because my schedule fluctuates so the Wii continually tells me that it could be off my 2 or more pounds.....and I don't want to think I weight 2 pounds more than I actually do!! Maybe I will go with biweekly and see how I feel. :smile:
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only officially log it once a week
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

This. My official day is Monday, since I figure I'll be my heaviest after a weekend.
  • chelle2868
    chelle2868 Posts: 19
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself every morning when I'm getting dressed. Weight does flucuate so much, even throughout the day that I would almost swear the scale is the devil sometimes. I always try to convince myself that I should only weigh myself once a month and focus on the weekly measurments rather than the numbers but I never seem to be able to wait an entire week. I think that if I see the number going up then I can adjust my activity level accordingly,
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but only record once a week.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

This. My official day is Monday, since I figure I'll be my heaviest after a weekend.

Nice Camaro, btw! Love those things
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and log it when I am down.
    I know I can fluctuate around 2 pounds from day to day so I dont stress too much if it's more than that I just review my diary to see what's up. Sodium up the day before? Just a check on myself :-)
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Unofficially every morning, record it only on Saturdays. I find having the information very useful and it gives me a better sense of the general trend. I can respond more quickly to problems because it's easier to see them; if I weighed only once a week, it would take me several weeks to notice a trend. Also, it keeps me from getting upset at worse-than-expected results because I can tell what's going on. For example, if I weigh every day, I might notice that I'm down three pounds on Friday, but then retain water and not see the loss on my official weigh in on Saturday. Since I know Friday's number, I won't get upset because I know it's not that I didn't lose at all; if I only knew the Saturday number, I'd have no idea if it was water or if I'd actually lost nothing at all and would be upset with no obvious solution.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but I don't "count" it. I count my monthly weigh and measure at Curves as my official weigh in, though I have a couple threads here that have a weekly weigh in.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Daily, to see if my sodium intake affects water weight gain. I check-in if I lose weight but after logging a 3-4lb loss, I haven't lost any since so I'm sure I was dehydrated and now I'm depressed because I can't log a loss! I know it's silly but it bugs me. I've lost 32lbs since Jan. so I have nothing to complain about.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of weighing myself throughout each day. I take the morning weight as my "official" weight but log in only with losses. I know some think it's bad to weigh every day but it keeps me on track and focused.
  • acman145acp
    acman145acp Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weigh every am and every night. I find it interesting how much my weight fluctuates in a day.

I only record a lower weight after i've maintained it for a few days....
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, because I feel like it helps me understand my body more. However, I only record my weight loss once a week and I do my best to stick to the same day. I think you should do whatever makes you happy and helps you stay on the right path to a healthy lifestyle.

9821387.png
  • jenniebee19
    jenniebee19 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Monthly wouldn't motivate me enough. I try biweekly
    I don't own a scale for that very reason. I would OCD and being a woman water weight can drive you batty!!
    So I use my mother in laws scale
    But it's old school and at 36 I'm starting to have a hard time reading it
    So I use my gym scale too lol
  • wantmytruk
    wantmytruk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I decided weekly sounds good. I tend to beat myself up with the daily weigh in because I see the increase of .5 or more because of timing. Sunday mornings are my days and today was a good one! Down 2.7 from last Sunday!!:flowerforyou:
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Being that I calculate BMR/TDEE from real data (weigh-ins and cal in/out) and not formulas to estimate it, daily weigh ins are a necessity. I usually do it 2x-3x a day, but only keep the lowest. Google the Hackers Diet if you want to learn how to self-calculate your real BMR/TDEE number. Doing so gives you a much, much better understanding of what is going on with the scale.
  • nathanas85
    nathanas85 Posts: 19
    Options
    I weigh myselft weekly, the exact time and day every week. I have some friends who weigh in daily or bi-weekly.