The Less to Lose, The Harder it Is...

Options
I would be happy with a 5 pound weight loss - at least to start. I am only about 5 pounds heavier than the upper portion of what is a normal BMI. Why is it so difficult? I see people on here and in other places talk about 5 pounds melting off from staying within their calorie count and drinking lots of water. I workout, stay within my calorie goal and drink the water - but still only down 2 pounds. This is after 6 months.

Am I the only person who has struggled like crazy with a mere 5 pounds?

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I've been fighting with my last 5 pounds for the past three months. It's maddening, but I know I'll get there.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Could be you are not eating enough, you say you stay in your goal, are you "eating back" your exercise calories? Double check all your stats and make sure they are correct. Maybe try cutting back on processed foods with lots of sodium, reduce sugar in take, try & eat fresh foods. Cut back the carbs a little, try eating a protein breakfast. Check your BMR in tools - that is what you need to basically just lie there and breathe!

Maybe you are just at your ideal weight? Frustrating for you, good luck :smile:
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When I was there, I really had to change the way I ate and worked out to continue losing. I upped my protein intake a lot and really watched the carbs. I tried (and still do) to eat as cleanly as possible. I also added strength training to my cardio. It really jump started further weight loss and changed my body in a very cool way!
  • Nektariosmom
    Nektariosmom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No you are not alone. I have been on here for 40 days and have lost nothing. I eat within my calories and workout six days a week. I dont get it either. I lost a couple of inches and I look more fit and feel better. I think this is from beginning a more challenging kickboxing workout though and not from calorie management. I do have a sweet tooth but I eat a very well rounded diet with very healthy food included. I do not understand either.
  • msrobinson77
    msrobinson77 Posts: 177
    Options
    Right there with you! I started with a goal of 30lbs, I saw some tiny success every week and felt really great. I haven't really lost anything the past few months. I've tried adjusting my goals, watching my sodium, switching up my workouts...not sure what the answer is? Guess my body is going to stay a little soft and squishy:-) I'm trying to focus on toning and just overall healthy eating at this point. Maybe I can turn that last 10lbs to muscle. Good luck!
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The smaller you are the harder it is to lose the weight! The first 20 melted off me but im struggling now ! you will have to work twice as hard as someone bigger
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Not to nitpick, but let's reword it to "The closer to goal, the more stubborn the extra pounds," cause starting with a goal of needing to lose 100 pounds (or more for some people on here) is a hell of a lot harder than the last few stubborn pounds.

I'm pretty sure there's a few groups out there for peeps fighting with the last few, I bet that would have some awesome tips. I've heard great things about starting to lift and the things that will do to boost your body into better shape :)
    Good luck!