Replies

• chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    Bump!
  • tarnbop
    tarnbop Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Here's some of my faves.Just be careful of sugar content... Some people will say to add veggies like baby spinach, but whenever I go to buy some, the supermarket never has any! There is a carrot one in there though...

Orange and mango
    orange mango and apple
    apple and mango
    strawberries and kiwi and apple
    strawberries and kiwi
    carrot and apple (can add in orange)

I usually just add a bit of everything in the fruit bowl though, rather than buying specifically!
    Lemon helps to keep the juice fresh if you're not drinking it all straight away..
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i prefer smoothies, get all the fibers from fruits and veggies. I usually get mine from this site www.incrediblesmoothies.com
    they include the calories of each smoothie so that you wont have to wonder how many calories youre eating.

:)
  • tarnbop
    Options
    i prefer smoothies, get all the fibers from fruits and veggies. I usually get mine from this site www.incrediblesmoothies.com
    they include the calories of each smoothie so that you wont have to wonder how many calories youre eating.

:)

I have recently turned to smoothies too - and they're so much more filling!! Similar recipes as the ones above... Though citrus doesn't bode well- comes out too bitty for me!
    Thanks for the website- I shall be favouriting that!
  • nazashi
    nazashi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    watermelon and red apple, all time fav!
    celery and green apple with a teeny sprinkle of salt, yumm!!
  • stephaniekneld
    Options
    When juicing, it is good to know that you should not mix fruits and veggies with these exceptions: You can add a carrot to a fuit juice concoction, or an apple to a veggie concoction, but do not mix the others. This is according to both Jay Kordich and Jack Lalaine.

My favorite: pineapple, apple, lemon and ginger

2 apples. 1 c. cranberries, 1 4 oz bunch of grapes... either green or red

1 orange, pineapple, 1/2 c. raspberries

3 apples and 8 strawberries

pineapple, an orange, papaya or mango, 2 carrots, 1/2 lime

peach and pear

1/2 red pepper, ! celery stalk, 1/2 lime, cilantro and an apple

Tomato, celery, carrot, green pepper, onion, 4 garlic cloves, horseradish root
  • tarnbop
    Options
    When juicing, it is good to know that you should not mix fruits and veggies with these exceptions: You can add a carrot to a fuit juice concoction, or an apple to a veggie concoction, but do not mix the others. This is according to both Jay Kordich and Jack Lalaine.

Any idea why? Just won't taste good?! Interesting!!
  • stephaniekneld
    Options
    Differing foods need different enzymes to be digested. When juicing, the only two foods that are neutral are apples and carrots. If some foods are mixed together, they can cancel each other out, and the nutritional values drop considerably.
  • tarnbop
    Options
    Wow, that's really useful, thanks!!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    this what I use in a regular basis
    4-5 carrots
    6 radishes
    5 stalks of celery
    2 apples