New! 150+lbs to lose....looking for friends :-)

Options
As the topic states I am new to this forum however not new to weight loss and up until a couple of weeks ago I was doing a pretty good job of altering my lifestyle and then it happened...after 6 yrs of trying and being told we couldn't conceive we did without any medications or anything just prayer and of course, well you know :-) and less than 48 hours after the dr confirming my baby I had a miscarriage. Completely devastated I just became emotionally wrecked...I didn't get to enjoy fur 8 wks of knowing and now all I have are questions. But I have to continue to get healthy and get back on track so this is what I am here for. I have a wonderful support system at home and am looking to add to that online. I am a great cheerleader for you as well :-)

Replies

• anastasiaevans
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I will send u a request so we can motivate each other.!!!
  • JustCallMeLucky
    Options
    I went through a very similar experience, I have always battled my weight partially due to PCOS, however I became pregnant but did not find til I was 7 weeks along. I miscarried at 9 weeks. I was devastated. Emotionally distraught.. I became obsessed with replacing the baby, but was told I'd never concieve naturally. I went on clomid, it never worked.. just added extra stress every month. So I decied to lose weight get control of my life and move on. I lost the weight, and suprise suprise 2 years later, had a baby which after quite a few stressful months was delievered full term... and now I'm here again. I wish you the very best in your weight loss endeavour, and as hard as it is to put the baby in your past, know that babies seem to arrive when you least expect them but when your body is best prepared to recieve them. Good luck.
  • kissableki
    kissableki Posts: 6
    Options
    I lost my first child at 35 weeks and 4 days so I understand how anyone who has miscarried feels, after my lost things became quite overwhelming and I wanted to give up but I knew my son wouldn't want that for me so I slowly began to lose weight without trying and I was down to a size 16 from a 20 which took two years. I have since then been blessed with two more children and I am taking charge of my life one day at a time
  • NikkiB101
    NikkiB101 Posts: 13
    Options
    Firstly of all well done for getting on here and setting yourself a tough goal at such a difficult time in your life. It must be really difficult to motivate yourself after your loss, but you've proved your body can conceive and by getting healthy you'll give it the best possible chance of doing it again.

For me the weight has come off best with variety - trying something different everytime the loss slows down. In the past I'd lose a bit, then plateau, then creep back up again over the months.

This time I've watched for that happening and changed something to stop it coming back on and get myself losing again. I started by doing more exercise, and then when I lost motivation, I kept up as much exercise as I could and added a change in my diet. When that balanced out I went to a fitness camp week. So far so good, I've gone from being obese to being only 2lbs off 'healthy'. I didn't think I'd ever get here when I started out but if you just keep at it somehow it happens.

I hope you can find something that works for you. Best of luck with both goals.
    x
  • blaquepearlbeauty
    blaquepearlbeauty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your kind words and understanding. Definitely moving in the right and healthy direction and knowing I can conceive naturally on my own no meds is such a blessing now to just get this body and health right for my baby in the future.
  • kristynkayte
    kristynkayte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I went through an experience much like yours. It devestated me. So i can relate to what you are going through. I too am very new to this site looking for friends to motivate and motivate myself. Best of luck on your weight loss. Looks like we found a great site to join and look for motivation :)
  • nwoolley
    nwoolley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. In 1987 I had a miscarriage and I was devastated. Eventually I became pregant again and gave birth to a beautiful daughter. Sometimes I look at her now ( and she's 24 ! ) and I think it is amazing how god works, because I cannot imagine life without her. I know how much you are hurting right now but I can tell you that you will be ok. I think it is great you are going to focus on fitness because that will only help you in the longrun, especially for a future pregnancy! The community support here is amazing. Pleasse feel free to add me as your friend! ( nwoolley )

God bless you!
    Nancy
  • AliciaCharmaine
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I miscarried about 3 years ago and can understand how it affects you. I would love to be an online friend. I need to lose about 130 pounds. In the past I have tried WW and found MFP to be similar to it with a lot of the features I really liked about WW.
  • kaytyl2
    kaytyl2 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage last year and it is a hard thing to get over, but it does get easier. Your mind seems to be in the right place now, so just focusing on yourself and being positive can work wonders. As others have said the support on here is great and I've only been here a week!!

Feel free to add me, we can motivate each other.:happy:
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks, a stillbirth at 21 weeks, and now I have an active, wild child 2 year old. It can and will happen :) The pain gets easier to handle over time, it really does. If you ever need someone to talk to, please let me know.
  • LUVNME94
    LUVNME94 Posts: 34
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your loss. You can add me as a friend. I know that God is able and he will continue to strengthen you and you will prosper in health as your soul pospers.
  • ckimble20
    ckimble20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Your drive to meet new people and get healthy is wonderful. People handle hard situations in so many different ways but you're doing a good thing. Sorry for your loss but I'm so happy for all that you're about to gain with your positive attitude. :happy:
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I would absolutely love to be your friend! You are a conquer!!! May God bless you!!
  • stephaniebrowning
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about this. I am going to send you a request I need some friends too! :)
  • StephanieMoore1988
    Options
    First, I am so sorry for the loss of your baby. I had a miscarriage several years ago at 10 weeks and I know how devastating this experience is...Second, I am glad you still want to become a healthier you. Keep pushing forward with your health and let yourself grieve your loss. ((hugs))
  • StephanieMoore1988
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have been here before. I plan to make this time "it"! I am at the bottom and the only way to go is up. I need to be healthy and not have weight be on my mind 24/7. I want to walk in the room and not be "the fat girl". I was a healthy weight until I had kids and then a bout of depression. I am an emotional eater but it took me years to figure this out about myself. Right now I am dealing with the effects of all this extra weight. On the 24th I will be having the third surgery in two years on my Achilles Tendon. Is weight totally to blame...no probably not'' but it sure isn't my friend. Anyhow, I would love to have support in this journey. I am 46 years old and want to feel healthy and strong. I want to be able to be an active participant in my life. Life is all about the journey with all it's twists and turns, ups and downs and those who climb onboard with us... Anybody want to join me on the ride?