11.3 Pound gain in just 1.5 weeks?

Options
Help! I don't know how this is even possible but it has happened. I have increased working out, have done well with food, and the scale just keeps going up!

Replies

• LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Help! I don't know how this is even possible but it has happened. I have increased working out, have done well with food, and the scale just keeps going up!

Ok, normally I don't blame he scale it's usually something like water weight, but 11 lbs? Have you stepped on another scale or replaced the batteries in yours?
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I would get a check on the scale for sure.
  • Dwillig
    Dwillig Posts: 18
    Options
    Replaced batteries just now. It went up four more pounds but I have also ate/drank already. I will try again tomorrow morning. At this point I really hope it is just broke :-(
  • xolivyy08xo
    xolivyy08xo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My scale did the same exact thing! It was saying i gained over 20 lbs! or it would be extremely low! It was definitely broken. So i bought a new one and it is working great! :)
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I gained 8 lbs in a week. But I know it was from meds I was on. Once when I took the same med years ago I gained 50 lbs in 6 weeks.
  • brian1229
    brian1229 Posts: 28
    Options
    Yeah, that sounds like a scale issue. Mine weighed me 20 pounds LESS one day, and I knew it was goner.
  • jakay_f
    jakay_f Posts: 28
    Options
    Bump, same thing happen to me this week!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    11.3 x 3500 = 39550 (4000 cals a day over maintenance). Unless you had a surplus of that amount, it's probably a dying/broken scale.
  • mneiner
    mneiner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Time for a new scale!
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    do you have pms or your periods? have you weighed at the same time of the day?

I weigh myself around 11am after my workout as that is when I weigh the least but if I weigh myself in the evening you can easily add anything up to 7lb on with water retention e.t.c so if you initially weighed yourself at the time of day you weigh the least then since later or earlier in the day and if you have your periods or pms or something I can see how your scales could be saying you have gained, that or your scales are broken :ohwell:
  • jkl090582
    jkl090582 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey,
    It is normal to gain muscle as you continue to work out , make sure you also use a tape measure to measure inches lost. It happened to me this week , I gained 2 pounds but lost 5 inches, I started working out this week. Don't let it discourage you your body is going through and adjustment period soon you will get it to submission. Also what helps me is pictures, take pictures in your swim suit every time you weigh in at least once a week, I saw a change so that made me feel better.
    Thanks
    Jackie
  • LaylaEC
    LaylaEC Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think I would head to a friends house and try their scale before panicing! Sounds like your scale :happy:
  • fittorow
    fittorow Posts: 28
    Options
    Alright, well, it could be water weight (which can add up to 4 pounds), a big meal/extra food (can add up to 2 pounds), or "that time of the month" bloating/extra weight (up to 10 pounds! see this website: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/weight-gain-during-period.html)
    So in 1.5 weeks, you could "gain" 16 pounds without actually having gained any fat!
    Don't sweat it too much, wait a few days, and then see again.
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure how that is possible :noway:

9821387.png