Huge NSV for me!

Options
myjourney2
myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
The beginning of March I could barely get off the couch without help. My knees and back ached as well as my ankles. Had no strength whatsoever.

This morning I went for a fairly fast ( 3.5 pace) 5km mostly uphill walk with my husband and enjoyed every minute of it!! We live in the country and the scenery is amazing! We walked part way around a beautiful lake.

Life is good!!!!

Replies

• Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    nice job. makes you feel wonderful, doesn't it?
  • myjourney2
    Options
    It does make you feel wonderful! We saw some nice things along the way. There were a pair of cranes literally dancing in our pasture and when they saw us they flew over us a few times. Boy are they noisy! The lake was beautiful and calm and the trilliums are in full bloom!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we live in the same state. :smile:
    It's a beautiful albeit rainy day and it's a good time to be alive and living where we do.

It's such a great feeling to have your body show signs of being back in working order again, congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I am sooo happy for you. And I know exactly how you feel. Keep up the great work!
  • Ouisel56
    Ouisel56 Posts: 25
    Options
    I am so excited for you MyJourney2! It was a little less than an year ago when I was always out of breath after very little movement so I know the joy you are feeling. Believe me it just keeps getting better and better. I can now handle two flights of stairs without effort. I feel like a kid again! You will again too.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Life is GOOD!
  • DiscipleN2k
    DiscipleN2k Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Very cool!
  • bhersh24
    bhersh24 Posts: 49
    Options
    so happy for you and the progress you've made! that is a huge accomplishment! keep us the good work! :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    That is much more important than any scale victory. Mobility is next to health the most important victory we can have.
  • nehauck
    nehauck Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you, it is a HUGE NSV! How wonderful you're enjoying moving your body and the environment in which you live. Sounds like your husband is supportive too! Look forward to hearing from you as you continue your journey!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!! I bet it felt great, you go!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ThisMusicalMiss
    Options
    That's wonderful!!!
  • flossie61
    flossie61 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am SOOO happy for you!:flowerforyou:
  • J3SSP3NNY
    J3SSP3NNY Posts: 235
    Options
    The beginning of March I could barely get off the couch without help. My knees and back ached as well as my ankles. Had no strength whatsoever.

This morning I went for a fairly fast ( 3.5 pace) 5km mostly uphill walk with my husband and enjoyed every minute of it!! We live in the country and the scenery is amazing! We walked part way around a beautiful lake.

Life is good!!!!

This is the best NSV I have EVER heard :) Congratz and I am very happy for you!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! It's like a little date. :-)
  • noturninback
    noturninback Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    way 2 go!! that is wonderful!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • unsivilized6
    unsivilized6 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was in a similar place when I started and have been amazed at the difference in stamina since Jan. We're doing this!! Isn't it exciting??
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    fantastic
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Wonderful. I have fybromyalgia (chronic fatigue and pain syndrome) I spent all my time outside of work in bed not getting out with the family. I forced myself to exercise and now I've realised it makes my fybromyalgia a lot better, lifts my depression. Even after major surgery 8 weeks ago I'm walking around 5 miles per day. It feels amazing. Your right life is good and its great when you can appreciate the simple and free things in life! It will also keep getting better! X
  • myjourney2
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement! The best thing I have ever done in my whole life (for me) is to join the gym and hire a personal trainer! Oh, and join MFP:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!