Help! I need a stopwatch...

Options
Hubby and I have taken up running but our fancy phones don't have a stopwatch feature in them so we can't time ourselves accurately.

Do any of you know a store which carries stopwatches or even the cheap watches with a stopwatch function? I was going to run and get one while work is slow, but it has to be close, so Wal-Mart and Target are out.

Anyone ever seen these at CVS or something like that? Thanks!

Replies

• kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I have taken up running but our fancy phones don't have a stopwatch feature in them so we can't time ourselves accurately.

Do any of you know a store which carries stopwatches or even the cheap watches with a stopwatch function? I was going to run and get one while work is slow, but it has to be close, so Wal-Mart and Target are out.

Anyone ever seen these at CVS or something like that? Thanks!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Most sports watches have a stopwatch feature. The cheaper ones are around $25. :smile:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I bought a cheapo pedometer (has timer feature, in addition to counting steps, etc.) from Rite Aid (similiar to CSV) for under $20. Works great! It also can tell the difference between areobic and "normal" activity.
  • cajunforfun
    Options
    If you are taking up running, I would recommend getting a heart rate monitor that tracks time in the various zones and included a stop watch. I have seen the Sports Intrument Pro7 for $39 at nashbar.com in the last few days. Time within a Heart Rate zone is far more important than speed while training.

I used the principles in John Parker's Heart Rate Training for the Compleat Idiot. It was a well written book that was easy to understand and put into practice. It also provided information that my heart rate was not in the expected ranges for my age. It allowed me to redesign my running program.
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm going to check CVS on the way home. I would like a fancier deal with heartrate, but mostly right now I just want SOMETHING to use this week. I don't have time to go to any stores until the weekend except the ones right on my way to and from work. :huh: Silly work.

ps - thanks y'all!
  • jesusgrl14
    jesusgrl14 Posts: 250
    Options
    if you have an ipod, those have stop watch features! not everyone notices!