Off track!

Options
HELP! I started so well on MFP about a month ago. I had lost 8 pounds. Now I cannot seem to maintain my focus. I have been making excuses to eat whatever I want and feeling like I cannot stick to the program. Any hints or ideas??

Replies

• NancGreen
    NancGreen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I feel the same way. I think accountability is my issue, as I am travelling for work, eating in the car, eating out alot at restaurants, etc. I know that if I have to come back here everyday and calculate my progress and maybe check in with someone about exercise and progress, it might help.
  • corierose1212
    Options
    I find myself doing the same thing. But you just gotta hold yourself accountable
  • NancGreen
    NancGreen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well on that note, I am going to get some grocery shopping done, do some laundry, and burn some calories! Hope to catch up with you later... thanks for the encouragement.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem... would get motivated to do it... thennnn it was the kid or husband or dishes or dusting OR A MILLION OTHER THINGS. I do this the first thing in the morning before anything else. It is a rule. In this way, if I an do this, the first thing in the morning before anything else, I am forming a habit. In a few weeks, it will be the norm for me, and easier. It will be just the thing I do. So... first thing... come to your fitness pal, eat your breakfast, exercise and log it.
    Also a diary helped me- with a list of the reasons why I am doing this, how it will make me healthier, etc...
    A buddy who you shoot a msg to 1st thing in the am (accountability)
    The dishes can wait
    the child will not die
    the husband will not starve
    the dog wants to go for a walk- (go for a walk with the dog and run a bit)
    An hour. One hour a day will increase your health, your efficiency, your quality of life.
    You can do it
    Don't quit and do not be deterred.
    I wish you the best.
  • meikab22
    meikab22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We all go through this. We just gotta stay committed and bounce back as soon as we have a slip or a "I Just want..." day. Planning out the day helps a lot...
    Don't beat yourself up. Just get back on track and know that each day is an opportunity to do the right thing for your health, your body & your self-image.
  • ptcruiser55
    ptcruiser55 Posts: 11
    Options
    Everyone goes off track sometimes, the key to success for me is accepting that. When I go off track one day I accept I did and start fresh the next day. Don't give up! Its one day at a time, I especially like the part when completing a food diary for the day and MFP says if every day were like today in 5 weeks you would weigh___. It gives me motivation to try as hard tomorrow.
  • MeTime37
    MeTime37 Posts: 29
    Options
    It is so easy to go off track, just got back myself! But it doesn't matter how many times you fall off the wagon, what matters is that you get back on :happy: