How do I stay in shape on holiday?

Options
avro001
avro001 Posts: 13 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to this, but i'm really happy with the way things are going, as off today ive lost 4 kgs and i've taken up kickboxing 3 times a week, I feel great.

The problem is, in 1 month I am going on holiday witha friend to Spain where the intention is to drink and eat and party. Im so afraid of going backwards and losing both my new found strength and endurance in the gym, as well as my figure.

Does any one have any good tips for keeping the calories at bay during a holiday or squeezing exercise into a trip?

Thanks

Anja

Replies

• angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Anja, you either have to just go with the flow, accept you'll put some weight on and get straight back into it when you get home or you can limit the damage.

You're going to Spain - ok, you don't have to eat crap. Keep away from the Brit pub type of places. I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of healthy grilled fish, grilled meats, salads, paella & fruits.

There's no point in suggesting that you don't drink ;) so drink! If you like cocktails don't have the creamy based ones. Once you've recovered from your hangover the following morning/afternoon go for a walk. If you're lounging on the beach get up every now and then and go for a walk. Drink lots of water in the day to keep you hydrated.

Honestly you have a month until you go and if you keep up the healthy lifestyle that you have at the moment you'll probably find that that's enough of an incentive to pull the reins in on holiday.

Oh and you lucky girl having a holiday to look forward to :)
  • AnnieEsme
    AnnieEsme Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Go for a swim!
  • avro001
    Options
    Hey! So my holiday was ages ago! However, I just though i'd let ya know that I ate everything I wanted and drank tonnes of sangria. We also walked everywhere. The Spanish diet must agree with me because when I got back, I had lost half a kilo!

Thanks for your advice back then!
  • avro001
    Options
    Anja, you either have to just go with the flow, accept you'll put some weight on and get straight back into it when you get home or you can limit the damage.

You're going to Spain - ok, you don't have to eat crap. Keep away from the Brit pub type of places. I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of healthy grilled fish, grilled meats, salads, paella & fruits.

There's no point in suggesting that you don't drink ;) so drink! If you like cocktails don't have the creamy based ones. Once you've recovered from your hangover the following morning/afternoon go for a walk. If you're lounging on the beach get up every now and then and go for a walk. Drink lots of water in the day to keep you hydrated.

Honestly you have a month until you go and if you keep up the healthy lifestyle that you have at the moment you'll probably find that that's enough of an incentive to pull the reins in on holiday.

Oh and you lucky girl having a holiday to look forward to :)

Hey! So my holiday was ages ago! However, I just though i'd let ya know that I ate everything I wanted and drank tonnes of sangria. We also walked everywhere. The Spanish diet must agree with me because when I got back, I had lost half a kilo!

Thanks for your advice back then!
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! From the look of your ticker you're at goal now. Congrats!! How long have you been maintaining for?