New and here to try, try again ONE DAY AT A TIME

Options
Hi, I'm Amy and 57 years old. My weight is in the obese range (5 foot 3 and 207 pounds), but in my younger years I was a slender and fit and never had to give a thought as to what I ate. I have been in a sedentary profession (medical transcription) for 25 years and over that time--through the ups and downs of life--have used food as a coping mechanism. Now my cholesterol and sugar are at the brink of disease levels and my feet and knees aren't too happy either. I recently was in a traffic accident (was rear-ended), put on 10 more pounds, feel like a total wreck and pretty hopeless, and my chiropractor recommended this site. It's time to try again--this time as a matter not of vanity but as survival. As far as true results, I realize that TRACKING and community SUPPORT work best, so here I am! One day at a time.....

Replies

• rcolours7
    rcolours7 Posts: 69
    Options
    friend request sent.

make sure u log everything everyday.

here to help
  • sass012
    sass012 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there i have only just joined this site too and like yourself am hoping its going to work . Hang in there we can do it
  • kbrooks0509
    kbrooks0509 Posts: 14
    Options
    One day at a time is what I keep reminding myself.
  • defor5050
    defor5050 Posts: 33
    Options
    I wish you every sucess just log on every day and keep in touch with people, there is alot of support so use it, you can befriend me and hopefully we can all do this together
    Defor 5050
  • kbrooks0509
    kbrooks0509 Posts: 14
    Options
    How do you befriend someone?
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    How do you befriend someone?

Click on their name to go to their profile. Near the top is a friend request button. Generally best to send a message about why you're friending them too.
  • QUEENPINKSPARKLE1965
    QUEENPINKSPARKLE1965 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Yes I agree one day at a time is the only way to fly through this life:drinker: Cheers one day at a time family.. :drinker:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy,

I'm Colie :smile: Feel free to add me, I'm GREAT motivation and support! One day at a time, it won't be easy, but you can do it! :smile:

xoxo
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this journey feel free to add me!:smile:
  • pinksparklevapor1965
    Options
    :drinker: Yes here I am.. 3 choices give in Give up or give it the best you got.. number 3 for me today :heart:
  • Alma206
    Alma206 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! :wink: