Dropping Pant Sizes?

Options
About how many pounds do you need to lose until you can drop a pant size?

I dropped 2 pant sizes, but it's been a few months since I dropped one. I'm trying to get down another one this month. Hmm... thoughts?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it depends on how your weight is coming off. if you lose in your lower body and abs faster then you'll drop a size quicker than someone who loses from their upper body first.

i pretty much lose evenly all over. i'm down 25 pounds and about 15-20 pounds i was down a pant size
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am down 17 pounds, and have not lost a pant size yet!
  • arojas1227
    arojas1227 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wondering the same thing because I've lost about 18 lbs, and my pants feel the same!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    It depends on your workouts. I lost 15lbs, and didn't lose any sizes... then I started strength training, and didn't lose any weight, but am now buying smaller shirts... my pants are loose, but I haven't bought new ones yet.
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    I guess it depends on where you are losing your weight. I lost 6lbs and that took me down a pant size. (but I was also walking everyday and firming up) good luck on your journey.
  • haydenlove4
    haydenlove4 Posts: 24
    Options
    i have lost 27 pounds and im only down one pant size. Im having a hard time losing the mom pouch lol
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My sister told me that on average 14 lbs = a pant size. Don't know where she got the info though.
    I've lost 34 lbs and am down 2 pant sizes.
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've heard the general rule is 15lbs a pant size but it takes more when you are larger and less when you are smaller.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I dropped a bra size before I dropped from a 20w to an 18w in pants size. But I dropped from a 22w to a 20w in pants size before I dropped the bra size. I dunno, I guess it all depends on where you lose more weight first. :smile:
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17 and I'm down a pants size. I think it depends on a couple of factors- you body type and where u wear ur pants. If I wore the low rise jeans I don't think I would have lost a pants size. I have big hips and have only lost .7 inches from that area.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I have lost 40ish lbs total and have gone from a size 20- 12 in pants. For me it seems like every 10-15 lbs is a size. Try and work your legs and bum a bit with strength training.
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Interesting replies, thanks guys! I'm not getting too bummed out now, knowing that, for some of you, dropping pant sizes wasn't so fast.