Need motivation

Options
I have been struggling with staying motivated about losing weight. I usually don't have problems with setting goals and reaching them. But staying on track with exercises and calories' counting is very hard for me. I recently started MFP and was really into it for the first 4-5 days but then I had days I did not login at all.:blushing: I would appreciate having some friends on this website for support and encouragement.

Replies

• ptcruiser55
    ptcruiser55 Posts: 11
    Options
    HI what works for me is to make checking into MFP the first thing I do as I eat breakfast. I'm happy to motivate and would like someone who will also give feedback. Feel free to add me
  • kbrooks0509
    kbrooks0509 Posts: 14
    Options
    You can do it!
  • akaallice
    akaallice Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have an alert set for every meal, that reminds me to log in every meal...
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, if you are serious about losing weight. I'm going to try to do the 100 miles in May, and would love for other people to try as well. :)
  • ladypenelopemk2
    Options
    You have to be honest with yourself, login even on a bad day. I find thinking i have to own up to what i have eaten help me to not eat those bad things but equally it teaches me to factor things like a takeaways and wine into my plan. We all have not so good days but you can do it and this is a fantastic tool to utilise. In the past ive kept food and exercise diaries and it really does work or it did for me. But this way makes it soooooooo much easier than having to log it all down in a diary.
  • k1mmi3
    k1mmi3 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi, I am new as well and it is hard to change your eating habits and I think we all have days where it is easier to drop into old habits - BUT is it the end of the world? NO, you just carry on and log in again and get back on track - no one is going die cos you did,nt log in, but you will feel like you are letting yourself down and that will become its own motivation...

I need motivating too, so please feel free to add me and we can hopefully motivate each other:)

Kim
  • kbrooks0509
    kbrooks0509 Posts: 14
    Options
    how do you add someone? I am new as well and need motivation!!!!
  • Legals81
    Legals81 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, feel free to add me. Motivation and support is the way forward!
  • elizdog112
    elizdog112 Posts: 1
    Options
    I like to add the food I eat as I eat it via iPod app. It helps remind me of what the purpose of eating is (to nourish, not to please). If you don't have an iPod or something of the sort where you can get the app, then you could either write everything down to add later at a specific time or use your laptop right there. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    how do you add someone? I am new as well and need motivation!!!!

Click on their name to go to their profile. Near the top is a friend request button. Generally best to send a message about why you're friending them too.