Any one have ideas on how I can lose the "back fat"

Options
HI guys. I'm pretty big chested and my trouble area has always been my upper torso. I find it hard to lose weight there. I tend to do cardio 5 days/wk along with strength training. I noticed my waist line is getting smaller. But I still have the "back fat" along my rib cage.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to lose this?

I'm open for any suggestions (exercises, foods, dietary supplements)

Thanks in advance guys!

Replies

• bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    There's really no way to lose a specific area of fat. It is lost at the same time as everything else. Your best bet is to continue your workout and eating routine and it will disappear with time. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you cant spot reduce, so to get rid of that fat it's the same as getting rid of fat everywhere else. just continue what you're doing and eventually you'll see results
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    ^^ what the other said, you cannot spot reduce fat the body doesnt work that way
  • mousy4life
    mousy4life Posts: 3
    Options
    I had no idea. Thanks guys, I'll keep up my routine and hope to see the best.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Your body wants to put fat there, and you'll have to reduce your overall weight before you start to see any significant gains. You may lose some of your bust on the way. There was some dispute about this recently, but I think the "First On Last Off" principle of fat loss applies to most people.
  • beautycf07
    beautycf07 Posts: 7
    Options
    The only way you can spot reduce fat is by getting liposuction. So once you lose the weight you want and its still there that would help but other than that do what your doing. Oh and might I say your doing a great job at that! ttyl
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I had no idea. Thanks guys, I'll keep up my routine and hope to see the best.

I had no idea either until I joined MFP. My bugbear is my tummy lol. We'll have to continue losing more weight to get rid of our achilles heels. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I believe the others are correct that you can't pick where your body will use up the fat, but you can chose where you work the muscles. So, rather than just fat it will be a mix of fat and muscles and may look tighter and better. I don't know what exercises would develop the back muscles. I'd guess rowing, push-ups, or anything that works your upper torso. Good luck!
  • mrsweasley23
    mrsweasley23 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    30 day shred :)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.
    Food from a variety of sources and balanced macros.
    Resistance training
    Persistence.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    u can't spot reduce, like everyone has said but make sure when doing your strength training u have balance and are targeting your back (e.g. deadlifts, lat pulldown) along with other areas :)