First 5K (race for the cure)

Options
I did my first 5k this morning, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. My babysitter ended up not showing up, but thankfully I use my double jogging stroller to jog and walk. So with the kids combined weight and the stroller it's about 110 pounds I have to push! My double jogger is HUGE, 4 wheels MASSIVE! The hardest part was meneuvering around people when I was trying to run in the beginning, it was really tight with a lot of joggers, but I ended up finishing with a....... 36 minutes and 12 seconds! I'm so proud of myself, I feel really excited for Tough Mudders in September now :)

Have a great day everyone!!

Replies

• ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job, Ginny! How inspiring!
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    Wow, great job, Ginny! How inspiring!

Thank you! :)
  • Lora1279
    Lora1279 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm doing the race for the cure next weekend and I'm hoping to have a time even close to yours (without the added weight of a stroller!). Great job!
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The best part is that you didn't let your circumstances cause you to just give up. The easiest thing would have been to convince yourself you couldn't do it when your babysitter didn't show. That show serious determination. YOU GO GIRL! Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!